Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf ssv 2. ls3 Automatic Transmission issue

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
My old VE did it and my now current VF SS. Nothing to worry about

VF has full exhaust Otr and Mafless tune
No, your trans is getting incorrect torque data from the ECU because it is MAFless tuned.

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
To summarise it says can get rid of it by reset and doing Garage Adapts.
If still drama (while at operating temp) then it suggests learning the 2-3 shift accurately by monitoring throttle position.
*says Tech II but that’s for GM service people, any measure of actual throttle position (not commanded) is fine for this.
Paper says making the 2-3 shift per precisely measured throttle many times so TCM learns correct adapt.
In essence what I was saying, don’t think in terms of RPM having any bearing on the execution of shifts, is accelerator position (commanded) vs throttle position (actual) vs load (torque demand).

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
may have to do a solenoid oil dump and relearn just encase one has too much pressure or a blockage on restart causing it to hold gear
Can i take it to my mechanic to do a solenoid oil dump and relearn or does it have to be taken back to the tuner to do this?
My mechanic doesnt have a dyno btw only the tuner does.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
should be able to do it with the right scan tool, or may be better with tuner as can do the dump and relearn and test drive while logging to see where its all at

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
Can someone explain to me in basic terms what exactly is involved with regards to a solenoid oil dump?

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
should be able to do it with the right scan tool, or may be better with tuner as can do the dump and relearn and test drive while logging to see where its all at
Do u know what is involved in terms of doing a solenoid oil dump?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Do u know what is involved in terms of doing a solenoid oil dump?
ive only noticed it in hptuners but im manual so have never used it, it pretty much just purges all oil out of the solenoids and then u have to run it stationary thru some sequences to refill and then prob best to do a relearn as it will all be different then drive it and see how it goes

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
Just to recap! When the engine is warm the car revs to 4,500rpm when starting the car and taking off aggressively and then shifts & holds the second gear way too long.
Only happens straight after starting the car each time.
The mechanic says its normal for the vf ls3 to do this and there is no need for a solenoid oil dump or transmission relearn.
Its driving me nuts.
Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Thoughts?