Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Power Packages( Any better than walkinshaw?)

cp993

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF SV6 Series ll
i will be purchasing a VF SSV Redline soon and have been looking up performance upgrades etc i have looked at the W310 package and Harrop 335 package which one is better and are there any better options out there? cheers!

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
I see your in NSW. Sydney? If so take your car to Oztrack at Penrith, save some serious coin and get a better result, particularly in the tuning area.

Ponza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk GroupA, VF SSV Redline
There are lots better/ cheaper than wankinshaw, search is your friend. There is a lot of information on this forum. As suggested above Oztrack for starters.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
TEKNO have opened an outlet in Sydney. I'm 100% happy with the work I had done at their Gold Coast outfit and I was speaking with the guys there who said they wouldn't go down the franchise route. Being that it's still operated by the same company I'd expect their high standard down in the new shop too.

Craft1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore SS ute
There maybe better options and cheaper I did do the walkinshaw 310 pack as I was told by dealer that if I do it else where that it would void warranty so if u want to go else where I would check with ur dealer first about warranty issues

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Harrop enhanced VF Redline Manual
I have the Harrop 315 dealer charged me an extra $3800.00 on the car for it but it also is covered by Harrop's warranty. Hub Dyno at 269.5rwkW. Very happy with it.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Walkinshaw is just a difilippo exhaust with a VCM OTR intake (if you option it, otherwise you get a side mount enclosed pod filter intake).

Harrop is pretty good except their extractors are far from 'tuned length' as advertised, sounds nice though.

Best bits would be Difilippo exhaust and a VCM OTR intake (the series two version - very important). All up you should pay no more than $5K and come out with something close to a 60-70rwkw gain.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Does anyone have a $$ per RWKW breakdown of what these different packages offered through Holden dealers get you? Does it become cheaper per KW increase and do you have options of Harrop or Walkinshaw or are certain dealers locked in to certain providers?

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I don't know what my rwkw was before I upgraded so I'll assume it was 270rwhp in standard form (270fwkw), with a Walkinshaw OTR, Xforce 2 1/2" SS catback and varex muffs & a dyno tune I have 337rwhp. That roughly converts back to 330fwkw. At $3200 that's about $53 per kw, good bang for the $.
Because it's a catback you keep your warranty :)

R1bloke

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline Ute
I took a long time to decide on this myself. Yes you can do it yourself for a lot less than the Walkinshaw or the Harrop kits. However after you have spent 50k on a new car do you want to void the warranty and enter into problems with the dealer saying anything that goes wrong is not their problem anymore.

I thought why pay extra for Walkinshaw to rebadge a cheaper kit and charge you double. So I went for the Harrop 325. Bit costly but well worth it. At startup there is a nice burble and sounds nice at tick over but I was disappointed as driving round town I thought it was no good as too quiet. However when you boot it OH MY GOD it is sooooooo worth it.