Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Redline - Camshaft

Jay's Redline

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
hey guys,

i'm looking at upgrading my stock exhaust to a 3" Xforce exhaust with an OTR cold air intake, i am currently looking into getting prices from a few places around Sydney.

i have a mate with a VE SS with a Stage 5 Camshaft. he recommend me also get a stage 5 after i get my exhaust and intake done. would anyone else recommend me doing this? what are the advantage or disadvantage in doing so?

cheers!
Jay

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
"Stage 5" makes you sound like a ricer who has just dished out some cash in Need For Speed. Need to know the exact cam specs to help further. There are hundreds of different grinds and all will drive slightly differently.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
What Smash said +1. Know what you want out of your car (low end torque/ greater mid range/ high end power?) And find a cam that suits. It could be that your exhaust choices follow suit to your cam choice (i.e. 4 into 1 headers for a high end powered cam or stubby try-ys for low or mid range power).
Is the car a daily or strip car? Do you want a big lumpy cam that requires a high stall convertor?

Ponza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk GroupA, VF SSV Redline
Try Oztrack at Penrith, they can do all of the above. My mate has had his Maloo tuned/upgraded by them and it is amazing 355rwkw awesome!

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
I agree with Ponza. I have been through 4 different tuners, 2 workshops etc and changed most things 3 times to get to where I am because of bad tuner/workshop advice and whilst I'm still not totally happy, If I had my time again and I wanted to do it once and be pretty happy, Ozrack is where I would go. I recently had Steve tune my new Cam that I specced out and fitted myself and its the best tune I have had to date.

He has his own Cam packs nailed pretty well.

I'd be going there and getting it done if I was you.