Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Redline exhaust onto VE SSV?

boomer03

Dolphin Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6.0 Manual
Hi all. Yes I've searched for the answer. On this forum, Google etc etc. Spent many hours (literally) reading threads, but can't find a definitive answer. So here's another exhaust question.

I bought a VE SSV off a young bloke a few weeks back. While I love his enthusiasm, and enjoy the sound of a loud V8, the 3 inch cat back exhaust he fitted droans . I don't think it is a quality system. Not sure what type of mufflers are on there as nothing is branded. Normally it wouldn't bother me, but it DROANS! Sometimes I can't hear the backseat passengers.

So here is the question. I've been offered an almost unused standard VF SSV Redline exhaust system. Will it bolt straight onto a VE SSV?

Thanks all.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
Provided you don’t have a ute, it’ll fit

The only difference between the VE and VF exhausts were the clamp v flexi join to connect the rear mufflers to the middle section

Other than that, hangers etc are all in the same spot

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hi all. Yes I've searched for the answer. On this forum, Google etc etc. Spent many hours (literally) reading threads, but can't find a definitive answer. So here's another exhaust question.

I bought a VE SSV off a young bloke a few weeks back. While I love his enthusiasm, and enjoy the sound of a loud V8, the 3 inch cat back exhaust he fitted droans . I don't think it is a quality system. Not sure what type of mufflers are on there as nothing is branded. Normally it wouldn't bother me, but it DROANS! Sometimes I can't hear the backseat passengers.

So here is the question. I've been offered an almost unused standard VF SSV Redline exhaust system. Will it bolt straight onto a VE SSV?

Thanks all.

It should fit, but there is a slight difference with the rear oxy sensor positions.
VE has rear oxy sensor in the cat back, just aft of the cat/cat back joint.
VF has the rear oxy sensor mounted in the rear end of the cat.
If you use the full VF exhaust it shouldn't be a problem.
If you're just using the cat back, you'll need bungs welded on the cat back to mount the VE rear oxy sensors.

boomer03

Dolphin Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6.0 Manual
Excellent. Thanks very much gents. I was worried about both the oxy sensors and hangers. Much appreciated.

boomer03

Dolphin Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6.0 Manual
Ok, next related question....anyone know what size the pipes are on a VF Redline exhaust? I'm hoping to bolt it up to a set of HSV extractors.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Ok, next related question....anyone know what size the pipes are on a VF Redline exhaust? I'm hoping to bolt it up to a set of HSV extractors.

Factory cat back should be 2.25".