Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV redline seats uncomfortable?

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Hi all

I have a series 1 VF SSV redline and started to notice the seats have gotten uncomfortable. The lower back of the seat is the main issue since Im feeling 2 pieces poking me on the bum. Anyone else had this happen to them?

SSVREDLINE2014

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Hemorrhoid cream time perhaps?

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Is it just your arse is getting bigger?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
There is a part of the frame / support that runs scross the lower section of the seat back. Is that what you mean? I wouldn't say it "pokes me", more so if I push back hard I can feel it (I can see the sexual inuendo remarks already :p). It's in my lower back area though, not my butt.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
We’ve got the sheepskin insert thingies, so probably wouldn’t notice even if we had the same problem.
Could be that the foam is breaking down? A car’s usually way older than 3-4 years before that happens; but maybe it needs new foam? If it’s under warranty, could be claimable.

*edit*
Also, there are usually springs & stuff suspending bits & pieces from the seat frames; maybe something has come adrift that just needs to be clipped back on? Sooner would be better than later for fixing it, if this is the case.

Last edited:

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
My seat hasn't lost any comfort but in the last month I've noticed a creaking sound coming from around about where your talking about. Happens when i turn a corner.

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Could be a spring but not sure. My car is one of the very 1st VF SSV Redlines from 2013 with the cream suede so the seat is probably in need of more foam. I recently got the seat re-foamed on the side of the seat but they're didn't add more foam to the middle back section of seat where these springs etc are making the seat uncomfortable. I get them to check it over again but was said the seats are rubbish to begin with and my best option is to get GTS seats..

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
There is a part of the frame / support that runs scross the lower section of the seat back. Is that what you mean? I wouldn't say it "pokes me", more so if I push back hard I can feel it (I can see the sexual inuendo remarks already :p). It's in my lower back area though, not my butt.

Sounds like what you describe. You no exactly what it is?

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
We’ve got the sheepskin insert thingies, so probably wouldn’t notice even if we had the same problem.
Could be that the foam is breaking down? A car’s usually way older than 3-4 years before that happens; but maybe it needs new foam? If it’s under warranty, could be claimable.

*edit*
Also, there are usually springs & stuff suspending bits & pieces from the seat frames; maybe something has come adrift that just needs to be clipped back on? Sooner would be better than later for fixing it, if this is the case.

What's the sheepskin inserts you have?