Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Reversing sensor and indicators very loud after amp installation HELP

markmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I have had my VF SSV for 9 months now. I literally drove it from the dealer to car audio shop and got 3 amps and all speakers changed running off the standard holden headunit. The VF's had only been out for 1 week so my car was the guinea pig for the car audio shop.

It sounds great but it now makes the indicators and reverse sensors really loud. I worked out that these sounds come from the car speakers themselves and because these have been amplified it makes everything louder. It doesn't matter if my volume is turned right down, the sensors and indicators are much louder anyway. I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or knows of a "fix" as a few people must have amplified their VF's by now.
Thanks!

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
It's interesting that the Redline indicators and other warning sounds are no louder than an Evoke, despite having amp, subs and 220watts of power? Maybe it was installed incorrectly? I'd be taking it back to the audio shop.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
PM Tasmaniak here on the forums.
He may have a answer for you.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
This has been a problem and remains a problem.... I've never struck it on the installs I've done which have included standard Headunit with factory sub and also premium sound with 7channel amplifier. I would first ask where are people grabbing their source from? I grab it from directly behind the headunit. But I believe it van also be sourced in the passenger kick panel.

If I remember correctly, in the US we used to a patch lead with external speaker for the Chevy cruze.... Which is the same Headunit as the VF. I believe thus unit would work.

markmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Thanks Tasmaniak, When you ask about the source I assume you are asking about where the switch wire is coming from that goes to the amplifiers? The power source itself would be coming straight off the battery in the boot.

I will have to check that out. Funnily enough i played around with the amp and by pushing the fader button in on the 4CH amp it has reduced the indicator noise that came from the rear 6x9's considerably but the reverse sensor noise comes through the rear door speakers and it is ear piercing!

Can you explain a little more about the patch lead and how this would work?

Thanks again for your input.

BT1CPTA

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Hey people, im looking at changing speakers in my vf but I cant find the speaker sizes its a vf calais
Does anyone know all the speaker specs please

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
Thanks Tasmaniak, When you ask about the source I assume you are asking about where the switch wire is coming from that goes to the amplifiers? The power source itself would be coming straight off the battery in the boot.

I will have to check that out. Funnily enough i played around with the amp and by pushing the fader button in on the 4CH amp it has reduced the indicator noise that came from the rear 6x9's considerably but the reverse sensor noise comes through the rear door speakers and it is ear piercing!

Can you explain a little more about the patch lead and how this would work?

Thanks again for your input.

He means the audio signal, it can be intercepted in the kick panel or directly from the rear of the head unit.

rebound101

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve
I installed a 4-channel and monoblock in my VF ute, the indicator and reversing sounds are loud and getting very annoying.

Inputs to the line level converter were sourced from behind the factory radio. Anyone used the Cruse harness (with that little external speaker for the reversing and indicator tones) successfully with the VF?

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Bumping this up. It's been a year since this was posted.

Anybody found a solution? :)

Witto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calsis V Sportswagon
Bumping this up. It's been a year since this was posted.

Anybody found a solution? :)

Best way I found was to use the rear speaker outputs for the Amp signal. Then use a 4" speaker (in center speaker position) connected to the front right channel for all indicator/reverse/hands-free sounds. Fader needs to be all the way towards the rear.