Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf ssv seat bolsters vs calais bolsters(any difference)

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by Unicorn, May 1, 2019.

1. tommy_z

tommy_z Active Member

Members Ride:
    VFII Director
    Absolutely gorgeous when I sat in a mate’s W1. Feels nice too. :cool:

2. tommy_z

tommy_z Active Member

Members Ride:
    VFII Director
    You’ll need to add via your album, then when you post it you’ll have a URL link to copy and paste from that album photo into your post.

Which car model is yours? If it’s the 2013 build SSVR or SSV then it should be the ‘tall’ bolstering.

Bear in mind that the Calais is probably not the seat pair you want to ‘swap’ with (I’m thinking along the lines of removing the seats and putting two replacement ones in) as they are 8 way electric adjustment on both sides, have the seat heaters and memory seats.

With some observations here too regarding the softer seat foam of the VF1 vs the VF2, perhaps you can look at wreckers for a great pair of say, MY15 SSVR or SSV seats?

Unicorn likes this.
  3. Unicorn

Unicorn Member

Members Ride:
    2013 vf ssv wagon
    Cheers Tommy,2013 ssv wagon,might have to keep an eye out for some 2015 seats instead like you suggested,thankyou.

tommy_z likes this.
  4. tommy_z

tommy_z Active Member

Members Ride:
    VFII Director
    No worries mate, hopefully there are a good number of seat pairs to track down and choose from in Perth. :)

Unicorn likes this.
  5. Unicorn

Unicorn Member

Members Ride:
    2013 vf ssv wagon
    Just been looking at 2015 ssv seats and they would be so much better than mine!!!!! thanks again.

tommy_z likes this.
  6. dgp

dgp Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF II SSV Redline
    The early build VFI Redlines had larger bolsters. Holden reduced the size during the model run because morons kept sitting on them, squashing them then claiming warranty.

Lex likes this.
  7. abuch47

abuch47 Active Member

Members Ride:
    LSS3 YOOTE
  8. Unicorn

Unicorn Member

Members Ride:
    2013 vf ssv wagon
    I found a set of aftermarket gts seats with genuine gts foams on ebay for 1650 but the bolsters still look way too high,im a big guy and wouldn't fit in those seats:(
    I need low bolsters.
    Might contact holden and get a price on the 2015 ssv base seat foam and cover for my drivers seat
    If I cant sort something relatively soon ill most likely sell it.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  9. HotdogNo1

HotdogNo1 Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSv Redline A6 W375
    My Dads VF Gen F2 Clubsport front seats are so comfortable.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  10. Unicorn

Unicorn Member

Members Ride:
    2013 vf ssv wagon
    Saw some mint 10000km old vf ss 2016 seats at fordhold today but they were leather velour spewin,he wanted $1000 for the pair,reasonable I thought for a wreckers,if anyone has some let me know,i have done a wanted ad for something else previously but it never got approved so ill ask here,cheers.im in perth

11. Forg

Forg Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
    ^ Not sure what you mean, in terms of what you’re looking for, by “they were leather velour”; but AFAIK there were no trim options in SS for VF1 & VF2 ... ie. colours/trims will be all the same.

12. mwb235

mwb235 Pierced sink plugs

Members Ride:
    2014 VF Calais V V6
    These are the seating specs in my VF series 1 sales catalog (May 2014 print). It doesn't mention seat foam sizes/types but, nor the HSV models.
    phpORLIuwAM.jpg
    phpkzr66VAM.jpg phpBgHQJlAM.jpg

Unicorn likes this.
  13. mwb235

Members Ride:
    2014 VF Calais V V6
    $1000 for a pair of SV6/SS seats is way too high imo even if mint. For a complete set (f & r seats AND door trims) i wouldn't pay more than $900 tops. That said, i'm not sure about Perth/WA prices. In Melbourne current prices for a SV6/SS interior (again, f & r seats AND door trims) range between $550 and $899. Sydney $650-$899. I base this on both gumtree and ebay current prices. I know freight from WA to the east coast is pricey so wreckers don't ship over here much, so even though Perth is a smaller market you should still be able to find a decent set for somewhere in the price range above. SS-V harder to find but often come up, reasonable range imo $800-$1100. Ads selling just front seats often come up too. Fair range $400-$600 I reckon, maybe $500-$700 for SS-V.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  14. mwb235

Members Ride:
    2014 VF Calais V V6
    Btw Unicorn, in WA you could try Wally Wreckers (Walliston)? I've bought from them before.

Unicorn likes this.
  15. Unicorn

Unicorn Member

Members Ride:
    2013 vf ssv wagon
    The seats were leather suede going by the options pics that were posted.
    I need all leather to match my ssv interior,i didn't know the ss only came with leather suede seats.

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Member

Members Ride:
    2013 vf ssv wagon
    Wa prices are much higher than the rest of aus,as are car prices,we have no choice but to pay because the few holden wreckers have the monopoly at the auctions and therefore set the bar on prices where they like,afaik the only wreckers that regularly sell late model parts are fordhold and Walliston wreckers.If I could find a ssv complete interior for even close to $1000 here in perth Id be all over it,its the reason im just looking for front seats,at a guess id say a complete interior would be no less than 2 g.

mwb235 likes this.
  17. wetwork65

wetwork65 A wet business

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
    I hear you Unicorn, parts at wreckers are very high (could give many examples), but near new cars are well priced by national standards - go figure.
    I couldn't afford to live there in general anymore, no matter what the salary was. Will probably return when house prices have gone back to a sane level.

18. mwb235

Members Ride:
    2014 VF Calais V V6
    Hmmm that's the opposite of what I (incorrectly) assumed. So less availability means higher prices. I should've known, that's market forces at play.

If you just want front seats, you might still be better off buying from the east coast and have them freighted. Recently I bought a set of WN Caprice back seats for $150 off Wally Wreckers. Freight to Albury NSW was $176 which includes a decent large box attached to a pallet with a ratchet strap and each part inside the box bubblewrapped. So based on that I'm thinking a pair of front seats (which would be a lot heavier obviously because of the bases/rails) might be somewhere around $300? Just my wild guess tho, might be more. So if you could get a pair of SS-V front seats in Melb for $1000, and $300 Freight across the Nullarbor then you're $700 ahead if your local WA price is $2000. Only disadvantage is you can't look at the seats first (get them to send you decent pics) and if you want to return them then it's more $. But imo I think it'd be worth a try. Stuff paying $2K!

19. mwb235

Members Ride:
    2014 VF Calais V V6
    Unless later series 1 and/or series 2 changed. I'd want to check later sales catalogs first to be sure.

Edit: btw also, don't rely on wreckers' ads indicating the correct model. Most know their stuff but some don't. I know of at least one ebay seller with a current listing whose ad says "SS seats" but their pictures show SS-V seats. Perhaps just confirm with seller what model wreck/donor car exactly the seats came out of before you buy. Also if your existing seats have seat heaters make sure the ones you buy do as well.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  20. Unicorn

Unicorn Member

Members Ride:
    2013 vf ssv wagon
    The front seats from the smashed 2016 ss at "fordhold" were $1000 the pair,if it had have been a ssv I would already have those seats,the seats were still in the car.
    I was only guessing when I said around 2g for a complete interior,i was just estimating from the price for just the fronts.
    I spoke to a couple of wreckers today,wally wreckers don't really buy vf anymore but he told me that "tonys auto wreckers" and "just commodore wreckers" are the main perth guys who buy most of the vfs,tonys has a few sets of fronts,ill look at them next week and just commodore was closed unfortunately.
    Pretty sure my seats aren't heated,how would I know?
    Tonys also said to check my type of airbag plug to make sure I get seats that will suit my car,he said some can be different between models,i have no clue about the accvuracy of what he said.