Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf ssv seat bolsters vs calais bolsters(any difference)

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
I was going to put up pics but it wouldn’t let me, said I hadn’t added any media yet? What does that mean?
I measured the highest part of the side bolster and it’s 100mm high measuring from the top of the plastic side cover where the adjusting buttons/levers are. They are higher and a different shape to Calais going by pics. Anyone want to swap Calais front seats for mine ;)

You’ll need to add via your album, then when you post it you’ll have a URL link to copy and paste from that album photo into your post.

Which car model is yours? If it’s the 2013 build SSVR or SSV then it should be the ‘tall’ bolstering.

Bear in mind that the Calais is probably not the seat pair you want to ‘swap’ with (I’m thinking along the lines of removing the seats and putting two replacement ones in) as they are 8 way electric adjustment on both sides, have the seat heaters and memory seats.

With some observations here too regarding the softer seat foam of the VF1 vs the VF2, perhaps you can look at wreckers for a great pair of say, MY15 SSVR or SSV seats?

Unicorn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon
Cheers Tommy,2013 ssv wagon,might have to keep an eye out for some 2015 seats instead like you suggested,thankyou.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Cheers Tommy,2013 ssv wagon,might have to keep an eye out for some 2015 seats instead like you suggested,thankyou.

No worries mate, hopefully there are a good number of seat pairs to track down and choose from in Perth. :)

Unicorn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon
Just been looking at 2015 ssv seats and they would be so much better than mine!!!!! thanks again.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
The early build VFI Redlines had larger bolsters. Holden reduced the size during the model run because morons kept sitting on them, squashing them then claiming warranty.

Unicorn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon

I found a set of aftermarket gts seats with genuine gts foams on ebay for 1650 but the bolsters still look way too high,im a big guy and wouldn't fit in those seats:(
I need low bolsters.
Might contact holden and get a price on the 2015 ssv base seat foam and cover for my drivers seat
If I cant sort something relatively soon ill most likely sell it.

Last edited:

HotdogNo1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSv Redline A6 W407
My Dads VF Gen F2 Clubsport front seats are so comfortable.

Attachments

• 2019-05-02 21.06.19.jpg
    2019-05-02 21.06.19.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

Unicorn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon
Saw some mint 10000km old vf ss 2016 seats at fordhold today but they were leather velour spewin,he wanted $1000 for the pair,reasonable I thought for a wreckers,if anyone has some let me know,i have done a wanted ad for something else previously but it never got approved so ill ask here,cheers.im in perth