Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf ssv seat bolsters vs calais bolsters(any difference)

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Im not getting custom seats I just want smaller bolsters,no way im spending 1500-2g just on front seats.
If I do end up at the motor trimmers only the bolsters on the drivers seat will be getting done not a whole new seat.
What do you mean readily available aus wide?
Ive only just purchased the car and I need a comfortable drivers seat so I can actually drive it.
Fyi im 6'1 and 145kg,very unathletic :) I fit in my bf xr6 very easily,vf holdens are made for Ethiopians apparently...
I love the car,the front seats are shite.
If money was no option id just drop it off and get custom seats.

Have you tried looking on Gumtree? Probably the place where a lot of wreckers list their cars, albeit with horrible photos or repeat photos. Do a search as Australia-wide and just look for any listing that has ‘SSV’ as that’s the seat pairing you want. Give them a call and ask them for more pics and information. Should be a number of Commodore wreckers in both Melbourne and Adelaide which hopefully shouldn’t be as expensive to courier to Perth compared to the ones in Gold Coast or Sydney. Other thing is if you use Facebook, to do a general SSV wrecking search, narrowed down to search results for this year. The public posts will show up, generally from pages, which should be wreckers’ pages.

See if that will help mate.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
In adelaide on marketplace atm there is a whole set of clubsport seats and door trims for $1600 been up for ages. Definitely should be able to find ss front seats in adelaide and get shipped to perth for less than a grand.

Also and I mean this with no disrespect, shed down a bit your car will be faster and the seats might be ok and last.

Unicorn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon
In adelaide on marketplace atm there is a whole set of clubsport seats and door trims for $1600 been up for ages. Definitely should be able to find ss front seats in adelaide and get shipped to perth for less than a grand.

Also and I mean this with no disrespect, shed down a bit your car will be faster and the seats might be ok and last.

Im not keen to buy and ship seats,pics can hide a multitude of sins,once they arrive they would be mine regardless,i had some bloke trying to sell me ute seats from an ss,he was in Darwin,swore black and blue they were ssv from a sedan lol.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
True best bet is to check gummie, FB, ebay, wreckers, upholsters in that order.

I just scored some rims for a bargain while waiting for some hsvs to come up but took near 6 months of waiting.

Unicorn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon
Im on gumtree every day looking.
I picked up a new seat base from amcap for $163 to suit a 2015 ssv,its a start, I think its a reasonable price.
The bottom cover is $542!!!! but none in stock,may speak to a trimmer before I fork out the hard earned for the cover, it may be cheaper to modify the bolsters on mine.
Id love to change the seat base myself but I have never done upholstery/changed seat covers/foams and may stuff it up;)
At least im going forwards slowly:)
Nobody in perth has any late model ssv seats,most wreckers have no idea about the differences between early and late model seats,im glad I had the knowledge from members/info available on this site or I would have been going in circles,thanks guys.
Now to find the right trimmer

Unicorn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon
Bit of an update,i ended up just buying a new 2015 ssv seat cover,looks to have some plastic type hook over fixings sewn to the bottom of the cover that may hook onto the seat frame so im going to have a crack at fitting it myself,theres even piping sewn into the underside of the cover that clips into some small u shape clips on the foam to line it up,almost seems foolproof :) see how it goes.

Unicorn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon
Just finished fitting the new seat foam and cover,best mod ive done to this car:)
The difference in comfort is like night and day.
So much easier to change over than I thought.
Thanks for everyones help and advice.cheers