Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Series 2 - Blackout Packs - Does anyone have any pics?

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
For those that don't mind them fine. We all have different tastes but I just can't abide those bonnet vents. I assume they still have and engine cover to keep the heat in? I am all for air flow to remove heat but I will never buy one that looks like the VF2 ones.

Love the vents :)

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
yeah fair enough, Daniel from B.Boss wheels can get them sprayed gloss black for you (Could possibly even see if they'll spray em in the vossen factory before shipping, they do in-house spraying). But obviously thats an extra cost on an already expensive wheel.... Totally worth it if the moneys there as they're a fantastic wheel, really well built and look the tits!! haha.... If you haven't already, check out the show off my ride section. Villn808 has a thread called "My MY15 phantom black SSV" and he's got the CV5's.....

Good luck man, once i set my eyes on the Vossens i just simply couldn't bring myself to like anything else haha. Hence my decision to just get em and make me happy lol.... Even though they were more than i originally planned on spending.

possibly the CV5, but i also like the VFS/1's that your running. the only thing that puts me of a little bit is they don't do a gloss black rim.

and i need to decide if i want to spend all that money, only to have them blasted, and finished how i want them. so i might just have to keep looking for a decent rim that i can buy in a gloss black.

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I got my black HF-20 rims opticoated (as well as the rest of the car and the calipers) and the rims are definitely glossy. I'll get some pictures up when I can.

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Dropped it about 20mm in the front and just over 30mm i the rear. from memory its 2sl in the front and 3sl in the rear.

I'm umm'ing and arrgh'ing about dropping it too, I like the way yours looks. Have you had any 'negative' issues since getting it lowered? Has the ride become stiffer or firmer?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Those decal stickers that run along the length of the car are hiddeious!

I thought the lower stripe looks good, but maybe take it off the front bumper part and just have it going back from the front wheel arch? I think it will look better that way

OSH1360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
I'm umm'ing and arrgh'ing about dropping it too, I like the way yours looks. Have you had any 'negative' issues since getting it lowered? Has the ride become stiffer or firmer?

nah none, and i dont think it rides any harsher. i had them fitted pre delivery, and i was pretty strict about it, ie how much lower and that the spring rates needed to be as close to the factory springs etc.

I thought the lower stripe looks good, but maybe take it off the front bumper part and just have it going back from the front wheel arch? I think it will look better that way

i agree, the sides by them selfs would look okay. but not with that horrible crap on the front bumper.

tlinnell86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY16 SS-V Redline
yeah picked mine up. verry happy with it. looks really good. this is all ive got atm, just taken with my phone..

over the coming week ill try get more photos and maybe even start up a build thread.

Looks good mate! How does the rear look with the black spoiler and the chrome tail lights?

gargougaflex

My other car isnt hybrid
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SSV Redline Sportwagon + VZ Monaro CV8 M6
someone ask for Slipstream blue with blackout? A work colleague of mine just picked his up with the kit fitted from factory:

12311120_1227701373913281_7836953544215979232_n.jpg12342528_1227701423913276_2622925213398903906_n.jpg

and another in Red, front on, from another (lucky) colleague:

12311309_10207204742730173_3934275051537197744_n.jpg

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Hey gargougaflex, nice rides you have there but I must make one comment. The colour of your Coupe should read Yellow Devil, not Devil Yellow.