Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Series 2 - Blackout Packs - Does anyone have any pics?

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
someone ask for Slipstream blue with blackout? A work colleague of mine just picked his up with the kit fitted from factory:

View attachment 181091View attachment 181092

and another in Red, front on, from another (lucky) colleague:

View attachment 181093

Thanks for the pics man. Take delivery of mine early next week but only having the DRL and guard vents blacked. Adding sports armour and a (Grandpa) smoked bonnet protector so thought that would be enough black and would also fit a little better with the silver SSV wheels. Well that's the hope anyway.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
This is mine. Still at dealership awaiting Walkinshaw fitment and sports armour. Just wondering your thoughts on leaving radiator surrounds silver? I know the bonnet protector is a tad ugly but just trying to reduce chips a little.

IMG_0863.jpg

ve safari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR, VE SV6
Chrome looks good on a Calais. 'Nuff said.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
This is mine. Still at dealership awaiting Walkinshaw fitment and sports armour. Just wondering your thoughts on leaving radiator surrounds silver? I know the bonnet protector is a tad ugly but just trying to reduce chips a little.

View attachment 181149

I'm a big fan of the S2 chrome, it's a lot fatter so looks nicer, almost Senator-esque

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Agreed, keeping all the chrome on mine, except the fender vents are black to tie in the wheels and hood vents.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
What no merciless sledging about the bonnet protector :)? Was trying to go a bit of a contrast between the blue, black and chrome. Bit worried it's going to look real busy though when the armour goes on.

Think I'll go different coloured wheels when the brakes get done eventually.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
I personally don't like bonnet protectors. But hey it's your car. Just change that stupid grille badge. I have armour and it aids confidence when pulling up to a curb. Especially on lowered cars

57AJW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Thanks for all the pictures guys, they are really helpful.

I'm shopping for a VFII Redline at the moment, and the chrome is the only thing putting me off ... couple of questions if I may:

1. I am assuming it is possible to buy the blackout pieces and fit them yourself?
2. I can't seem to find a blackout option for the chrome that runs along the top of the door/bottom of the side windows. Does anyone know if there is an option for this?

Cheers.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Thanks for all the pictures guys, they are really helpful.

I'm shopping for a VFII Redline at the moment, and the chrome is the only thing putting me off ... couple of questions if I may:

1. I am assuming it is possible to buy the blackout pieces and fit them yourself?
2. I can't seem to find a blackout option for the chrome that runs along the top of the door/bottom of the side windows. Does anyone know if there is an option for this?
Cheers.

On the second point, JHP are selling a black out kit for the window chrome. I'm pretty sure they would do the install for a small fee. Anyone used this kit/know anyone? I will be looking at it for my upcoming Redline.
It won't let me post the URL but look up JHP just holden parts, go to VF, then trim/mouldings, it's called GENUINE VF BLACK WINDOW MOULD KIT $500
This black moulding trim kit is to suit all VF sedans (2013+) which have standard chrome mouldings, and will add that extra black look to your VF sedan around the window surrounds.
In this kit there are 3 black trims per side, one part on each door at the bottom of the window and one large trim that surrounds the upper part of the window from the exterior mirror to the back door.
These parts replace the standard chrome window trims found on most VF Commodore sedans (SSV, Calais, HSV).