Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV special Craig Lowndes edition.

noboot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sedan
Saw this on Facebook today then the LS1 forum. Mandurah Holden has made a post about it on Facebook.

Craig Lowndes SSV Limited Edition Commodore to be released

To commemorate "20 years of Craig Lowndes", a limited edition SSV is about to be released.
Planned production run is 161 cars...a number that should be familiar to any Australian motorsport fan.
Besides the expected decals/badging, these cars will have build numbers- with the option of choosing your favourite one (if still available- and build number 1 goes to Craig himself). They also score black staggered width 20 inch wheels and tyre pressure monitoring, besides some of the existing accessory bumper and side vent options.
In addition, each buyer gets an invite (with a partner/friend) to attend a private function with Craig at the Red Bull Racing headquarters in Qld, AND tickets to a local race weekend next year including hosted tour of the Red Bull pit garage.
Perhaps of great interest to many on here is that this car will be fitted with REAR 4 piston Brembo's on 360 x 28mm rotors (up from 324 x 22 w/single piston calipers on Redline).
Deliveries start in October, with last build planned for December.

Core vehicle
SSV V8 Redline sedan (Red Hot or Heron White)
6 speed manual or automatic transmission

Unique Features
 20in staggered configuration wheels and tyres
 8.5in front and 9in rear forged alloy wheels in black
 High Performance 245/275 20in Bridgestone Potenza tyres
 Front and Rear 4 piston Brembo brakes
 Red Hot Engine cover
 Tyre pressure monitoring system
 Black V8 power hood decal – incorporating 6.0l V8 graphic
 Phantom Black roof and mouldings (Holden factory painted)
 Black grille surrounds and fender vents – front upper in Red (Black on white vehicles)
 Black DRL surrounds
 Black window surrounds & mirror caps
 Unique body side decals
 Rear wing spoiler in black
 Enhanced graphic sill plates
 Carpet floor mats
 Craig Lowndes embroidered ‘dash pad’
 Unique Boot badge
 Individually numbered build plate

From what I can gather it's somewhat of a tribute I guess to Lowndes first Bathurst win or something I guess being numbered to 161 and we know Bathurst is a 161 lap race.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Thx, a couple of references exist from a couple of months ago.

noboot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sedan
Wish this was available in November when I bought mine.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
so rear brembos, tpm 20s, floormats and stickers.... mmm im right thanks unless its a free upgrade.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
so rear brembos, tpm 20s, floormats and stickers.... mmm im right thanks unless its a free upgrade.

Don't forget the badge!

Craig-Lowndes-Holden.png

Lowndes-Commodore.png

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
oh god and there the old 20s just painted black... reminds me of the collingwood commo they did recently.... about as classy too.
Holden-Commodore-collingwood-edition_729-620x349.jpg

and dont forget the badge
holden-commodore-collingwood-edition_353-300x0.jpg

it seems the marketing department are on hollidays

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
it seems the marketing department are on hollidays

No - they're all now redundant so they're taking the piss before the door hits them on the way out.

Can't wait to see all the mangers in VT V6's with cut springs, chasers on the rear and the Collingwood and Lowndes badges on the boot on either side of their Chevy bow tie! LOL!

Breid90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Dealerships already have the forms to order your specific wanted build number. 2 -161. number 1 is allocated to craig himself.

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
My missus got all excited when she heard about this car, considering buying one even though she got offered an ssv manual sedan for $41,500 drive away....considering the big price tag for that badge.... Jeeeez marketing works!
I think she's in love with craig lowndes, she has a picture of the two of them cuddling up on our wall, must be something to do with that one long , bushy , wavy eyebrow that runs right across his forehead!
Here's a thought, instead of the badge reading Craig Lowndes, they should just hav one huge bushy eyebrow stretching right across the front of the car!