Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf ssv wagon 6.0 xforce twin 2.5

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
Has anybody fitted an xforce e4-vf72sed-cbs system to their vf ss wagon 6.0,it has hotdogs in the centre and the rear mufflers,also keen on the x pipe/balance section to balance the sound.
Would be keen to know if it drones and if its overly loud?
Currently have cheap aftermarket mufflers on a stock centre section and hsv headers/cats.
Havent purchased an x force system for donkeys years,quality was good from memory.
Did a search but this part no never came up.
Cheers

Last edited:

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
Is that their new 7 series, with the slip fit joints?
I have that one installed on my VE SS-V sedan, behind VF II 340kw headers and cats, there is some drone around 1600 rpm. I don't find it annoying (mostly deaf) and no one else (namely the missus) has complained about it.
Your mileage may vary with a wagon though.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes the new type with slip joints.
Would have to sound almost identical to yours by the sounds.
What do you mean the mileage will vary with a wagon?

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
Yes the new type with slip joints.
Would have to sound almost identical to yours by the sounds.
What do you mean the mileage will vary with a wagon?
The mileage i mentioned was meant for the drone, being a wagon you have a bigger empty space for the sound to bounce around in and be amplified.
But bang for buck, i feel as though the X-Force has done it for me. I picked mine up delivered for $NZ 1100, quality is fair to medium ( i went the unpolished 409 S/S version ) as the polished version will only be seen by the WoF(RWC) inspectors and passers-by if the car is upside down.. :D

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ahh I got it now,the wagon does act like an echo chamber,thats for sure.
Think I might go for the one with the centre muffler instead to minimise drone,think it may be the old style though,part number has ve in it.
e4 ve07 cbs which is the raw stainless or mild steel em ve07 cbs.
Thanks for the help.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bit of an update,the place I found who was selling them online for a good price doesn't do paypal so it didn't eventuate,i wont buy without paypal.
Ill be patient and see what comes up.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
If you can afford a bit extra go for a good quality exhaust like the di fillipo you’ll have a better sound and even less likely to drone

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Found another place doing them for a good price,e4 ve07 cbs,raw stainless x force with middle oval muffler and rear mufflers,does anybody know if this system has an x pipe/kiss pipe in the front section,cant find any pics on the interweb. Also does anybody have this system on their ve/f and have any feedback? cheers

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
That picture isn't the actual exhaust according to the x force site it says the image is for reference only,from the description of the raw stainless one the mufflers have single outlets with y piece twin tips where as the polished one has twin muffler outlets,i decided on the front muffler front to keep drone to a minimum.Pretty sure its the old design,just keen to find out what it actually looks like.
From my research the new type only have hotdogs in the centre,not what Im after.
The pic you posted of your exhaust,did yours come with the trans tunnel plate/cross member in the kit?