Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Water leaking ALL over front passenger floor

13SSVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SSV m6 Sedan
We'll mines dripping out the pipe on the workshop floor so all good with mine I really feel for the guys having the issue. Id rather a mechanical fault than this as you literally have to rip the whole interior out to change the carpet etc. very disappointed with holden on this, even if it's not my car I'm just Lucky. Of this day and age it should not happen

Fred Dag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline
Yes I agree - surely the Chief Engineer should have said - "guys we have this existing problem on VE Commodores and I want it fixed on the VF - please report back and give me test data on 13 cars" Western Sydney Dealer is currently pulling apart 4 cars today - fixing air cond and replacing all carpet and underlay - has another 2 on the queue to do.
I am going in to other dealer on Friday 7-3-14 and see what those fellars are going to say they are going to do to mine. Its my car, I paid for it so I will need specific information regarding Fix and time OFF the road etc

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
You know there's an old saying, wait for the Series II......

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
You know there's an old saying, wait for the Series II......

Technically speaking, the VF isn't much more than a VE Series III. So much of what you don't see is carry over.

Fred Dag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline
The cars at Holden now, they could not tell me the Plan this morning at 7:30am. I called at 10:30am and three hours later they still cannot advise that the car will be fixed today - besides that 'the boys are on smoko break now' fairdinkum....

Bradvfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
FYI - SSV November delivery - checked carpets and none are wet. I hope you guys get it fixed and the car is none the worse for it.

Once fixed is it fixed permanently?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
The cars at Holden now, they could not tell me the Plan this morning at 7:30am. I called at 10:30am and three hours later they still cannot advise that the car will be fixed today - besides that 'the boys are on smoko break now' fairdinkum....

They wonder why GM has had a gutful of Australia. Some things never change.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
wow I just wounder how much more will it cost for parts and how hard it will to get parts once holden leave our shores for good.

Fred Dag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline
Good news.. It's has been a Testing Time this week with a faulty VF SSV Redline (water all over the floor front passenger) Not knowing if they have to Rip the seats and interior out etc.(its never the same when stuff like that happens hey)
Holden Service were pretty good, a bit hush hush when I got there, and 3 hours later still playing dum. However 4 hours later I received a phone call saying the car was fixed and would not leak air con drain onto the front passenger door floor on the World Class $58000 VF - whew. They dried it pretty well, I am now driving around with the windows down and the sunroof open with the heater pointed to Floor and set to 28 degrees celius (so I am doing my bit)
That's the end of my Thread and would like to thank those that have assisted.