Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Water leaking ALL over front passenger floor

falcom

Reaction score
Good news.. It's has been a Testing Time this week with a faulty VF SSV Redline (water all over the floor front passenger) Not knowing if they have to Rip the seats and interior out etc.(its never the same when stuff like that happens hey)
Holden Service were pretty good, a bit hush hush when I got there, and 3 hours later still playing dum. However 4 hours later I received a phone call saying the car was fixed and would not leak air con drain onto the front passenger door floor on the World Class $58000 VF - whew. They dried it pretty well, I am now driving around with the windows down and the sunroof open with the heater pointed to Floor and set to 28 degrees celius (so I am doing my bit)
That's the end of my Thread and would like to thank those that have assisted.

Did they tell you what the problem was?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Make sure the AC is up and running while drying it out... the AC will help remove moisture from the air quicker then the heat will.

13SSVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SSV m6 Sedan
You know there's an old saying, wait for the Series II......

Thats a fair comment, but sadly not always the case and as rajesh says, its almost a series 3 in ways so thisa sort of crap is just insane

Senator829

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 HSV Senator & 2012 RG Colorado LTZ
Thats a fair comment, but sadly not always the case and as rajesh says, its almost a series 3 in ways so thisa sort of crap is just insane

The vf is more than a mid model upgrade. There are as many new parts as old.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Probably more in reality. But that leaky grommet issue appears to pre-date the VF. A QC control issue that someone, or more correctly the QC system should have resolved quickly during VE. Out of interest I'm going to have a look at mine today to see if I can pinpoint it. The fact that it is only affecting low numbers of cars to me points to either a certain individual on the factory floor, or a higher than acceptable failure rate (read >.000001) from the component supplier. Again though the QC system is there to deal with these issues.

Easy for me to say but it's a relatively minor issue though in the scheme of things. A bloody brilliant car that is better value for money, bang for buck and with more tuning potential than any other full sized N/A sedan anywhere IMHO.

Senator829

Reaction score
Members Ride
Was this issue ever a problem in the ve??? I don't recall seeing it and never experienced it in the four years I had mine

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Not certain TBH. I've never seen one with the fault, but have read on here and in other forums that it was. Unsubstantiated though. Still QC should be (and may be) all over it.

Senator829

Reaction score
Members Ride
I know of two people personally with this issue and they have been 2013 cars. Be interesting to see of they have fixed it at factory and if it's been an issue on 2014 plated cars

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Was this issue ever a problem in the ve??? I don't recall seeing it and never experienced it in the four years I had mine

Yeah it was. Haven't heard of it for a long time though... It's a surprise to see something as significant as this coming back tbh. I wonder if the water issues in the utes will have also returned?

Senator829

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah it was. Haven't heard of it for a long time though... It's a surprise to see something as significant as this coming back tbh. I wonder if the water issues in the utes will have also returned?
Do you remember what year range it occurred? Mine was an 08 and apart from the clutch failing under warranty never had an issue