Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSVR windscreen rattle/squeaks

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I remember reading on here about a VF windscreen being re glued due to a rattle in the car coming from the windscreen. I have a noise that is annoying me for a while and was wondering if it was coming from the screen which now it has been confirmed. I thought it was the door rubbers rattling about but not so.

I can only hear it when the radio is off and also can hear the same noise coming from the rear window.
Can anyone else please advise if they have the same issue?

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
No, but I did with my series 1 VF SS. Glad I got rid of it. My current Redline is fine.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
I remember reading on here about a VF windscreen being re glued due to a rattle in the car coming from the windscreen. I have a noise that is annoying me for a while and was wondering if it was coming from the screen which now it has been confirmed. I thought it was the door rubbers rattling about but not so.

I can only hear it when the radio is off and also can hear the same noise coming from the rear window.
Can anyone else please advise if they have the same issue?
Yeah Anthony121, it was ours. It was a subtle rubber creeping sound that "rippled" across the windscreen with body movement, even driving straight on a relatively flat road surface. Holden sorted it, after we diagnosed the problem for them, it went to Holden Technical as well lol. Just a simple screen cut and refit.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cool, I hope mine is a easy fix too. Although I can hear the same sound coming from the rear window too.

WalshySSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSVR M6
I think i have the same issue. If you press down on the windscreen from the outside do you see obvious movement? Is that normal? Don't know myself...

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I have some creaking sound in my car also. Surprised if whats been said in this thread ends up being the issue. So it's mainly front and back window screens? If I apply pressure to the windscreen what am I suppose to see?

Last edited:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
The windows do flex a fair bit. I e had an engineer look at mine and both windows do it. We think it's the top rubber making the noise. It isn't the glue just a seal. He is going to spray some silicon sealant in between the gap of the seal and the body. Wet the car and then go for a drive. I notice after washing the car the sound disappeared. It's also noisier when the car has been in the sun. It's annoying as you can hear it while driving. See how you go.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
The windows do flex a fair bit. I e had an engineer look at mine and both windows do it. We think it's the top rubber making the noise. It isn't the glue just a seal. He is going to spray some silicon sealant in between the gap of the seal and the body. Wet the car and then go for a drive. I notice after washing the car the sound disappeared. It's also noisier when the car has been in the sun. It's annoying as you can hear it while driving. See how you go.
We have 5000 ks on our Redline now and the windscreen was refitted at 1500 ks, it's rock solid and no issues, or sounds wet dry cold or hot, and I mean cold we have had 3 minus 10 nights this winter.

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Our work cars are x Vic police cars,I drove one to Newcastle last week and noticed these Comms are extremely tight with no afore mentioned windscreen squeaks with over 251000 Ks on this particular one but did notice the screen delaminating right across the top,checked them all and found one more delamination,I wonder if this is a problem as they get older.

CyanPixie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SSV Redline - Slipstream Blue
Yup, had the same problem on my VF2 when I went over any sort of ripple and was driving me nuts. I took it to the dealer, they fitted a new windscreen and told me the cause was that there wasn't enough sealant on it from the factory. I have had no creaking since. This was with within the first 1000km's.