Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSVR windscreen rattle/squeaks

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
My silicon fix has worked and that was completed weeeks ago. Very happy now.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
My 2016 built MY16 SV6 (Black edition purchased brand new 6 months ago) is in for it's 30,000km service this Thursday and they're looking at the windscreen. The foreman agreed there is an issue in mine.

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Can someone describe the creak? My car has some click type noise. Seems to be more noticeable when I put the music up..

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Blown speakers? You won't hear it when volume is too loud

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
I have the same issue. Stared at about 7000KMS. What is the best approach to get this properly fixed through the dealership?

Last edited:

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
OMG I have the same issue. Stared at about 7000KMS. What is the best approach to get this properly fixed through the dealership?
I emptied the glovebox and everything in the doors and loose coins, pens etc from anywhere in the basin that would create a noise.

Turned up at the dealership and asked for one of their techs to come for a drive. When the body flexes the creak happens, so just driving out the driveway of the dealership at 45 degrees created the noise and then we headed slowly up a back street that needs to be resurfaced. Noise was obvious.

They pulled some trim pieces off at the service but were unable to find the issue and booked it back in for 2 days in a couple of weeks to start pulling the car apart in more detail.

I have trust they will resolve it eventually.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I emptied the glovebox and everything in the doors and loose coins, pens etc from anywhere in the basin that would create a noise.

Turned up at the dealership and asked for one of their techs to come for a drive. When the body flexes the creak happens, so just driving out the driveway of the dealership at 45 degrees created the noise and then we headed slowly up a back street that needs to be resurfaced. Noise was obvious.

They pulled some trim pieces off at the service but were unable to find the issue and booked it back in for 2 days in a couple of weeks to start pulling the car apart in more detail.

Dealerships should share this info. I assume some gets shared through Holden. But, I reckon a lot doesn't.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE

Sounds like the same glass issue I and others here have had. It's such an easy fix, it's silly to live with it. The dealership where I am wasn't able to solve it, I gave them my findings which they passed on to Holden technical, cut and re glued the front screen problem fixed. (I could flex mine across the top)

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'll see if I can get mine to flex. I'm at work and the car is less than 50m away. so I will pop over to it later.