Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSVR windscreen rattle/squeaks

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Mine definitely sounds like it's coming from the windshield seals. My dealership had the car all day today and although they could not guarantee a fix, it's booked in the have the windshield pulled out and resealed next week.
I wouldn't be letting them take the window out. There is a Tac case on it for the fix. The dealers should be using that as a guide.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
I wouldn't be letting them take the window out. There is a Tac case on it for the fix. The dealers should be using that as a guide.

Thanks, is there something I can reference?

RastusSSVRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Commodore VF2 Redline Sedan
I think WalshySSVR had some info that could help.

Just got my car back from the dealer today. Advised it's now a known issue with a technical bulletin in circulation. Here's the shot the details from my invoice. Might be helpful to those who need it.

There is a copy of the invoice attached to that reply earlier in the thread.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
upload_2017-11-16_8-59-54.png

The rubber seal is pictured above. this sits on top of the windscreen and not glued to the car.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Just got mine back from the dealer and it now sounds worse. Maybe i have to have the screen taken out and resealed as originally suggested?

Ausroamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
G'day Guys, I've been stalking this forum for a little while and thought I'd join in. I have a 2017 Redline sedan with about 2600kms on it. I also have the windscreen rattle/squeak, which developed at about 1500kms. The noise is more noticeable in warmer weather so the issue may have been present from new but not noticed due to the cooler weather earlier in its life. I can replicate the noise by pushing the screen in or out at the top centre as others have said. I will get it back to Holden when I get the chance, but am concerned with some people saying they have had the screen cut out and rebounded yet the problem remains (albeit reduced). I would prefer not to have the screen cut out unless there's some confidence it will be fixed.
For those that had the silicone spray fix - did it solve the problem for long?
For those who had the screen re-bonded - was there a clear cause identified (ie a section not bonded as I think Redline 2017 had) and did it stop the noise?

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Yeah mate, I recognised the fault and suggested it to Holden, there is no problem regarding, strength etc in regards to cutting your screen out, and it should (providing your windscreen tech has some amount of skill) be placed in a correct position with a correct amount of uerathane. If you are going to get it done I suggest a non drive time of 4 hours after it is replaced,(moving around the workshop is okay) mine hasn't made a single bit of noise once, cold hot wet or dry since it got reglued, best of luck, try not to worry too much, it will be fixed.

Ausroamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Thanks Mate, I appreciate your input and comments. I'll get it to Holden and report back in a couple of weeks.

WalshySSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSVR M6
Does the sound seem like a minor tick/click noise what seems like it's coming from above the rear view mirror or interior light? Does it happen only when on rough bitumen or over minor road bumps?
Yes, mine sounded like that when driving on reasonably smooth surfaces. Creaked like an old ship when the car flexed turning up driveways, etc.