Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSVredline S1 or S2 supercharged

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I may as well contribute to my own confusion and ask you wonderful people, gen-f clubby R8 > vf2 ssvr?
I missed this one yesterday ... and I think for what you want, the answer isn’t HSV. Given your goals, I think you’d be blowing your money if you paid the extra for the R8, because people pay the extra for the HSV ‘cos it’s an HSV & when you mod it you’re no longer really selling an HSV.

However, what Milo 6.0 has said about the cost of an LSA HSV vs the cost of modifying a Commodore ignores resale. The right mods to a V8 Commodore or Clubsport won’t reduce it’s value; if it’s already blown ex-factory then the next buyer is happy to pay for the cost of that blower, if you have to pay for it then you’re lucky to find a buyer who’ll pay any more than the unmodified value.

AKKY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Totally agree, modifications to a vehicle and what it's resale value will all be relative to the owners view. The cars built will never really be able to recoup any value back and couldn't agree more on the point that someone is only willing to pay what they feel the value is worth to them.

But after much thought and some great advice and a quick chat to a builder I've decided that the S1 will be the platform moving forward, the ego definitely needed to be checked. Having the ls3 badge and slightly larger displacement really made it harder to justify.
So hopefully the extra money saved can go towards strengthening things to avoid breaking and hopefully remain daily driven. I think folks here are correct, once I get the number I want it will definitely see the drags less frequently.

As nice as it would be to purchase a gts that will just have to wait till I'm much older and can appreciate it in the standard form for what it is.
I'll keep everyone posted about the build maybe even YouTube it.
Thanks everyone.

I missed this one yesterday ... and I think for what you want, the answer isn’t HSV. Given your goals, I think you’d be blowing your money if you paid the extra for the R8, because people pay the extra for the HSV ‘cos it’s an HSV & when you mod it you’re no longer really selling an HSV.

However, what Milo 6.0 has said about the cost of an LSA HSV vs the cost of modifying a Commodore ignores resale. The right mods to a V8 Commodore or Clubsport won’t reduce it’s value; if it’s already blown ex-factory then the next buyer is happy to pay for the cost of that blower, if you have to pay for it then you’re lucky to find a buyer who’ll pay any more than the unmodified value.

Ssv008

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline 2015
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to get an opinion on which of the 2 would be better as a daily and occasional drag car? I’m about to purchase my first V8 after only ever owning modified Jap cars only dilemma is are the series 2 really a much better base than the 1?
I was planning to put a supercharger on straight away and get supporting mods and thought HEY! I could buy the S1 save some coin and get wheels and breaks as well, but after some heavy reading everyone seems to favor the LS3 motor in the S2.
So if anyone has built a supercharged S1 and hasn’t regretted it and wished they did it with an S2 I would love to hear about it.
I've just done my 2013 redline s1 l77 6.0ltr with harrop 2300 3inch high flow cats full exhaust higgins heads trunnion upgrade 3000 stally dominator 226,235,113 crow cam put on hub dyno last month two runs is all it needed got 520kw at treads not bad extremely happy doing bottom end next year I've owned both engine's and I've still got my 2013 gts and to be honest no difference at all

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220429-133039_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220429-133039_Gallery.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 86