Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF storm Sedan Cigarette lighter not working

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Okay firstly sorry guys if you got the wrong impression:(.
It was just my way of saying hello:).
As ‘skylarking’ pointed out, this forum is very informative and helpful and I honestly believe the wealth of knowledge amongst most of the members is vast, and I’m sure collectively these members will help you out with most of your car problems. I have followed many threads regarding members car issues and have been intrigued by their tenacity and endeavours to help solve those issues.
I have been a member for four years now and have been in awe of some of the knowledge these members have passed on to fellow members, but most importantly I have thoroughly enjoyed some of the banter, humour and jokes that the guys have given me, and that is what makes this forum.
Of course there is the odd disagreement, but hey that’s life!
Oh and I do hope you get your cigarette lighters to work for what ever reason you need them for. And as for me.....well I’m just going out the back to have a cigarette:).

degeneration

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sportwagon
How did you check the fuse? Did you look at it or test it with a meter?

If the fuse has DC continuity and you have 12V at the fuse, then you need to trace the 12V feed along the wire from the fuse to where it stops.

Any questions, get back to us.

Last edited:

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Quite unfortunate actually. I came here for help and to help others with this question. First time I've used this forums. Honestly not too good impressions
Trust me, most people aren't like this on the forum and usually are pretty helpful...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Dont look for fuses labelled cigarette/cigar lighters, Holden haven't fitted them for awhile(not PC)...
Look for fuses marked 'power outlets'.
Check the under bonnet fuse panel(VE/VF).
Cabin fuse panel(VE L/H kick panel)(VF R/H end dash panel)
Boot fuse panel(VE/VF sedans/wagons)
Utes boot fuse panel are behind passenger seat, next to battery.

Pacy.Baldock

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF storm
Dont look for fuses labelled cigarette/cigar lighters, Holden haven't fitted them for awhile(not PC)...
Checked all fuses. All look like they are working. They all have a solid wire inside the fuse itself. There's 2 in the rear fuse panel it could be. But also accessories doesnt work on my dealer connector plug.

VF2R

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Ute/ 2016 VF2 SS-V Redline
Quite unfortunate actually. I came here for help and to help others with this question. First time I've used this forums. Honestly not too good impressions
Mate its just a bit of banter... relax. The folks here are helpful as..but if an opportunity for a bit of wit presents itself itll get used. Someone will help you..just relax and enjoy the ride.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Also, one can’t ignore that most cig lighter sockets have a fusible link on the back of the socket. It is mentioned in my post within the another thread:

The ebay link in the post above also shows a fusible link (for a Toyota figgy lighter) but I’ll add it as a pic here as it’s more visual…

12V Cigarette Lighter Power Socket Fusible Link/Thermal Fuse Toyota Subaru Honda

The fusible link is that short bit of wire (above) that blows if too much current is drawn.

[edited. Just wanted to clarify that most ciggy lighters had a fusible link when I was more active playing with my cars years ago. And just for heads up, I haven’t pulled a VF commodore ciggy lighter out, so someone has to step up and show us the back of a Holden VF one :cool:]

[edited to add that rear accessory socket, Holden part 92260576, install pdf doesn’t show a clear enough pic of the socket rear but they add a 20A fuse to the fuse panel… click here for install pdf. ]

Last edited:

Pacy.Baldock

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF storm
Also, one can’t ignore that most cig lighter sockets have a fusible link on the back of the socket. It is mentioned in my post within the another thread:

[/URL]

The ebay link in the post above also shows the fusible link but I’ll add it as a pic here as it’s more visual…

12V Cigarette Lighter Power Socket Fusible Link/Thermal Fuse Toyota Subaru Honda
How does one take the cigarette lighter socket out of a vf commodore. Dash and the centre console. Have been struggling to do so.