Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Storm SV6 wing mirror replacement diagram

tak35bne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 Storm Sedan
Was down at the local holden dealer this morning to inquire about having a tech change the blue scalps on the mirrors to the black ones, no probs he said, it will cost 80 bucks to do it he said..........Thanks I said but No.

The parts guy was more helpful, he asked a tech how it was done and as a result I was provided with a document to depict the process. Went home and did it in 2 minutes total. Very easy.

IMG.jpg

When looking at this image and you look at part #1, it is here that you depress the plastic to release that single clip and whilst depressed lift the scalp up, there will be a big crack and the part comes off without damage. Install is a reverse of this.

Rollin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Walky rep, VF SV6 Sportwagon
Hi all, has anyone done a full replacement of the wing mirror? Missus has a woopsie with a garage door and now need to replace whole thing as its cracked. Looks like I need to take off interior door card to get part #5 off to get to the screws the hold mirror on.

Rollin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Walky rep, VF SV6 Sportwagon
Well I managed to replace the wing mirror. Wasnt too hard in the end. Only needed to pop the left hand side of door card to get to last bolts. Diagram helped heaps!! The very front bolt was hidden behind door rubber seal and would have stumped me if I dodnt have the diagram so thanks heaps tak35bme

AntT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
2012 VE Commodore
Is the (passenger) side mirror and backing plate able to be replaced without removing housing from the door?
If so, where can I find part numbers to order replacements?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
They pop off the same as VE.

Take a couple of minutes.
The part number will be on the back of the trim.

You can also call Holden for a part number. Have your VIN and they can match the colour too.

I'd just get one from a wrecker.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
They pop off the same as VE.

Take a couple of minutes.
The part number will be on the back of the trim.

You can also call Holden for a part number. Have your VIN and they can match the colour too.

I'd just get one from a wrecker.

If you bite your fingernails, a credit card does a pretty good job as well.