Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SV6 2013 SEDAN COMMODORE POOR LIGHTS

Zehq

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF2 SV6 Black
I can vouch for Voodoo. I've got HID low and highs and I love them. I've had them in for almost a year and about 40,000kms. I do a lot of late night country roads driving and they're absolutely fantastic.

I only wish the highs were a bit faster to heat up to their max output.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I have a 120w lightbar on my VF, so that helps with the warm up time

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
To the guys who upgraded their low beams to the HID all-in-one solution with replacement dust cap; did you need to re-align your headlights afterwards to avoid flashing oncoming drivers in normal driving conditions?
Anyone done any towing with the low-beam HID’s and find they were flashing oncoming drivers?

Zehq

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF2 SV6 Black
To the guys who upgraded their low beams to the HID all-in-one solution with replacement dust cap; did you need to re-align your headlights afterwards to avoid flashing oncoming drivers in normal driving conditions?
Anyone done any towing with the low-beam HID’s and find they were flashing oncoming drivers?
I've towed once at night and I found that it barely affected it although I only towed a few hundred kg. I did however realign my lows lower than factory in the first place cause I knew I'd be towing at some point.

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
I'm not a fan of the projector low beam headlights either.
I upgraded mine to Philips X-treme Vision Plus +130%, bought though eBay, made good improvement, also have adjusted headlights slightly, I find that manufactures always have the light beam adjusted too low for out of town driving.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I've towed once at night and I found that it barely affected it although I only towed a few hundred kg. I did however realign my lows lower than factory in the first place cause I knew I'd be towing at some point.
If your just towing a light trailer it won't make a difference. It's when you go over about a 1 tonne trailer and you notice the back end squatting down your lights will be pointing upwards.

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
Thanks guys. The cost of upgrading to the HID’s from that Aussie eBay seller is about the same as upgrading to brighter/whiter Philips or Osram Halogens. If the HID’s really do last more than a couple of years of daily use, then they’re a better choice I think, as the ‘whiter’ Halogens usually don’t last more than 12 to 18 months of daily use, and the HID’s indisputably wash the road with more light if they’re a good quality unit.

Last edited:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Best place to buy globes if you're not going HID is when Repco have half price glove weekends, or powerbulbs.com. They usually free post Philips stuff from England and good prices.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Thanks guys. The cost of upgrading to the HID’s from that Aussie eBay seller is about the same as upgrading to brighter/whiter Philips or Osram Halogens. If the HID’s really do last more than a couple of years of daily use, then they’re a better choice I think, as the ‘whiter’ Halogens usually don’t last more than 12 to 18 months of daily use, and the HID’s indisputably wash the road with more light if they’re a good quality unit.

Got HID low beams in all of my utes, the Redline blew a bulb after 4 years and 55000k's.
Contacted the eBay seller, replacement bulb was $32 including postage.

2017-01-24 14.45.57 (Medium).jpg

TSMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV CLUBSPORT R8
I have HID's in low beam and last weekend drove on a dark country road and the light output was excellent with a good beam throw, most of the times didn't need the high beam (which is still standard halogen). Will be replacing the high beam with LED's soon.
Haven't adjusted the low beam as they came at the same level as factory halogen (I did a before and after marking in my garage).