Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SV6 2017

cutajarc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega VE Series 2
Hey guys, so last october I picked up a brand new 2017 SV6 VF, absolutely loving the car, but I think it may have an issue.
When going from reverse to drive, the transition is sometimes rough, sometimes theres a small shunt you could say, almost as if theres a gap in the gears or something.
Also if im cruising around 60kmh, letting the car roll, then accelerate again, it sometimes does the same shunt thing.
I'm only concerned as I came from a 2011 series 2 VE and this was never noticeable on that car.
Wondering if anyone is experiencing similar, or may know whats up before I make a call to Holden.

Cheers

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Have you checked trans fluid level/colour?

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Have you checked trans fluid level/colour?

Bit hard with no transmission dipstick..even if the OP could check it, the car is ~6mths old, shouldn't be any issue with fluid whatsoever.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Maybe look at the diff, sometimes they're not filled correctly from factory. It could also just be luck of the draw. My S2 is rough as guts compared to my S1. I don't mind it but of course I mentioned it at the first service, hilarity as usual, the clueless looks you get from Holden techs when they need to deviate from the script and think on their feet, most times you'll have more luck with a fortune cookie.

13VF17 WAGON

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6 WAGON
Hey guys, so last october I picked up a brand new 2017 SV6 VF, absolutely loving the car, but I think it may have an issue.
When going from reverse to drive, the transition is sometimes rough, sometimes theres a small shunt you could say, almost as if theres a gap in the gears or something.
Also if im cruising around 60kmh, letting the car roll, then accelerate again, it sometimes does the same shunt thing.
I'm only concerned as I came from a 2011 series 2 VE and this was never noticeable on that car.
Wondering if anyone is experiencing similar, or may know whats up before I make a call to Holden.

Cheers
I too have the same car and overall is a good package and happy. However have noted the transmission is prob its weak link. In saying that it is smooth thru the gears. Check out the attached GM Tech reports. You may be experiencing the Garage Clunk. Its a shame GM have been aware of these issues for some years but have not improved this box, and fall back on its a "normal characteristic" of operation. I have not noticed the shunt at 60km, will check it out later today. Good luck.

Attachments

• 6l45e trans clunk.pdf
    77.6 KB · Views: 358
  • 6l45e trans reverse clunk.pdf
    152.1 KB · Views: 635

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
A manufacturer could say what it likes via a TSB but it’s not a normal charicatristic in any vehicle I’ve driven. So, unless at time of sale, such a ‘defect’ was disclosed by the seller, there is scope to handle this under Australian Consumer Law and get them to fix the gearbox or replace it. Doubt you could ask for a refund of the purchase price as likely it would not be classified as a major fault being that it’s just a ‘clunk’.

In any case, the difficult part is finding a good dealer service department that knows what they are doing... not script junkies.

Last edited: