Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF sv6 brake pads and rotors

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Would be a good opportunity to put some braided brake lines in while your at it if you can afford a bit extra
What benefit do you get from braided lines? Do they require the brake fluid to be drained, I assume so?

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
What benefit do you get from braided lines? Do they require the brake fluid to be drained, I assume so?
Firmer more consistent pedal especially under hard braking and yes does drain fluid just need to bleed up with fresh fluid after, as long as you don’t completely drain the master cylinder there’s no need to worry about abs system bleed

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Firmer more consistent pedal especially under hard braking and yes does drain fluid just need to bleed up with fresh fluid after, as long as you don’t completely drain the master cylinder there’s no need to worry about abs system bleed
Is there any particular brand that are better than others or any to steer clear of??

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
What benefit do you get from braided lines?
Nothing appreciable in road car braking, waste of money unless your stock hoses need replacing. Braided brake lines are good if you're tracking your car, much tougher and more resistant to heat and temperature induced swelling.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I've used Safebrake hoses before, they are good quality, but I wouldn't bother doing it again unless the OEM hoses need replacing.
Braided lines make a slight difference.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Braded lines and Brembo brakes make SFA difference when simply driving to the local shops unless one is a little retarded and thinks they are Fangio reincarnated :p

But I must confess i like such bling bling and fashion wise these things are rather profitable for the vehicle manufacturers. Atleast I'm not delusional in thinking such things are really needed on a road vehicle. A track vehicle is a different story :p