Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SV6 brake pads/rotor options?

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Alright I'll suss it out thanks
Just looked myself - they are showing out of stock. Bugger maybe gonski.
Dunno if that is a permanent situation. Maybe worthwhile emailing them.
I'm disappointed and will have to find some other brand to hang my hat on next.

Boofa Bulmer

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.0L VF Evoke 2014
Just looked myself - they are showing out of stock.
it does suck because I was keen on the QFM's. The guy I spoke to at brakes direct strongly recommended the Forza FP2's as an alternative but I haven't been able to find much on them

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
it does suck because I was keen on the QFM's. The guy I spoke to at brakes direct strongly recommended the Forza FP2's as an alternative but I haven't been able to find much on them
Yes Boofa. I recently bought a pair of VE/VF fronts on eBay. Maybe they were the last of the line.
Going straight to the poolroom.

iamandrew

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Wagon
Obviously an old post, but did you end up getting the rotors and pads? im thinking of doingthe same

Boofa Bulmer

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.0L VF Evoke 2014
Obviously an old post, but did you end up getting the rotors and pads? im thinking of doingthe same
I ended up going on ebay, found a full set of used painted calipers, slotted/cross drilled rotors, and pads, all for $300. They were off a VF SS so the rotors are about an inch bigger than my old v6 ones (just gotta make sure you get the bigger caliper brackets to fit over bigger rotors). Brakes are heaps better now! Way better bite and a lot more consistent when braking for longer than usual (for eg: riding brakes down a big hill or something).

If you can find something similar I'd 100% recommend. Half the price of brand new rotors and a way better upgrade.