Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SV6 brake pads/rotor options?

Boofa Bulmer

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.0L VF Evoke 2014
I have a 2014 VF sv6 and I'm in dire need of changing my brake pads, and I'm considering putting new rotors in at the same time. I don't do any track time, but I do drive fairly hard sometimes so they need to be good, but not crazy heavy duty or anything. I just want something with a good balance between performance and low dust/squeal.

I've been looking at QFM A1RM's or HPX's paired with DBA T2 slotted rotors all round.

Can anyone suggest something more suitable for around the same price point or is this a good combination?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Does brake dust bother you ?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Bendix CT General or DBA Street Performance then...
Maybe Bendix Heavy Duty too...

Boofa Bulmer

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.0L VF Evoke 2014
Bendix CT General or DBA Street Performance then...
Maybe Bendix Heavy Duty too...
I've heard very mixed opinions about Bendix but mostly positive feedback about DBA products. I'll look into this. Thank you Mr Burgundy!

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I've heard very mixed opinions about Bendix but mostly positive feedback about DBA products. I'll look into this. Thank you Mr Burgundy!
Nothing wrong with Bendix.
Their Ultimate range bites pretty hard but they are super dusty and will chew through your rotors ;)

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Have Bendix Heavy Duty on a VT SS, VERY dusty,
considering either Bendix CTs or QFM next pad change.
@Boofa Bulmer, @ltdslip go with QFM HPX, far far better than Bendix CTs or any mass market Bendix really.
I put HPX pads onto the front of my LX8 Adventra, replacing General CT a few years back and the difference was huge. A couple of days later stopped my wife driving into the back of another car when it stopped dead in front of her!
This was with standard discs.
I see a very slight increase in dust over standard pads.
Also changed the back pads for completeness, but of course did not get the same improvement due to the lack of braking work being done at the rear end of the car.
Have always used them since on all of my cars, due to the performance vs price benefit. Must bed them in properly though.
I have been banging on about them for years now.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I saw them on eBay recently. You may still be lucky...
Brakes direct reccommended Remsa to me a couple of years ago. I stuck with QFM through VEonline.