Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SV6 Catback

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
If I wanted to spend maybe $800 on parts for a VF SV6 I think a better way to go would be a mild brake upgrade, eg. SH V8 rear calipers, V8 front caliper brackets, new discs (even DBA street series), and some good pads. This would make the car look and go a little better as opposed to just making it noisier... And if you waited till the brakes were due anyway it'd only really be the calipers and brackets that cost extra over the existing stuff.

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
If I wanted to spend maybe $800 on parts for a VF SV6 I think a better way to go would be a mild brake upgrade, eg. SH V8 rear calipers, V8 front caliper brackets, new discs (even DBA street series), and some good pads. This would make the car look and go a little better as opposed to just making it noisier... And if you waited till the brakes were due anyway it'd only really be the calipers and brackets that cost extra over the existing stuff.

I did this to mine. Even with stock pads the difference is awesome. Reduced weight of the six, plus the bigger brake size = more stopping power from the get-go. Keep in mind you don't even need to swap the calipers themselves, just the brackets and the rotors. Although you'd be hard pressed to find a wrecker who's going to separate the brackets from the calipers. V8s have 325mm rotors vs the V6 285mm rotors.

Will eventually swap to EBC YellowStuffs, DBA T2s and HEL lines at the end of this year.