Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SV6 Catback

JSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 SV6 Storm
Hey guys,
I want to know if I will lose power putting a 3” catback exhaust on my stock SV6. For those wondering, the brand of the 3” catback is Empire Performance. Advise that I am not going to do a tune after putting on the exhaust. I know slapping on an exhaust without a tune on my SV6 will not bring about much power if not any at all. However, I want to know if it will actually decrease power instead.
Cheers.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Don’t know about decreasing power but a v6 with 3 inch system will sound like crap and drone too

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Don't your wasting money, just fit a std SS system

JSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 SV6 Storm
Don't your wasting money, just fit a std SS system
Is a standard SS system pretty much exactly the same as a standard SV6 system of the same model, but with the quad tip outlets on the rear mufflers?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Hey guys,
I want to know if I will lose power putting a 3” catback exhaust on my stock SV6. For those wondering, the brand of the 3” catback is Empire Performance. Advise that I am not going to do a tune after putting on the exhaust. I know slapping on an exhaust without a tune on my SV6 will not bring about much power if not any at all. However, I want to know if it will actually decrease power instead.
Cheers.

you will regret this.

JSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 SV6 Storm
Don’t know about decreasing power but a v6 with 3 inch system will sound like crap and drone too
Would you recommend getting aftermarket mufflers instead of a 3" catback taking in consideration that it is a V6. Would I be looking at aftermarket mufflers by OPG/Ultrex or like a simple straight through muffler delete. I know almost every aftermarket product will bring about drone but if it is minimal to moderate, then I am not overly fussed.

JSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 SV6 Storm
you will regret this.
What about a catback system but 2.25" instead of 3", will that be better in regards to drone and overall sound? Same brand also made by Empire

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
If it has a factory twin system the only real parts that will be restrictive will be the rear mufflers which are reverse flow and super restrictive(junk),if it has flex joints before the rear mufflers the id of the flex joint drops down to 40mm,most restrictive parts of the stock exhaust,i know the v8 exhaust has these issues,v6 is probably the same.
If you are thinking of putting aftermarket rear mufflers onto the stock centre section just remove the rear mufflers and start it,thats how it will sound lol,maybe a tiny bit quieter with aftermarket mufflers,will make your skin crawl :D

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
I have factory Maloo bimodals on my VE, sounds great and no drone (especially eince I got the actuators to work) . Not that loud though.

A full GTS exhaust with functioning bimodals would sound pretty nice. No drone, and sound when you absolutely want it.