Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SV6 Commodore inside door handle

Grimalkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi,

my VF's inside door handle got a tear in the chrome wrapping over the plastic and now its sharp and looks like ****. I cant find a replacement, any online shops or something someone can point me to?

Cheers
Grim

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Holden ? Wreckers ,?

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
I've had this issue with mine (my16) and lucky had it replaced under warranty, unfortunately the handle is plastic welded in place so only can be replaced by whole door card

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I've had this issue with mine (my16) and lucky had it replaced under warranty, unfortunately the handle is plastic welded in place so only can be replaced by whole door card

Really ? Replacing the whole door trim ?

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Can't even replace the vinyl/leather arm rest that's inevitably going to split like mine is. Something like $400 plus for the door trim. Anyone who likes to rest their elbow should take measures before it happens. Clear adhesive vinyl maybe? I'm thinking now mine's split, a piece of adhesive alcantara.

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Really ? Replacing the whole door trim ?
That being the easy way yes, I'm not sure how the dealership replaced it on mine but they managed to do just the handle.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Can't even replace the vinyl/leather arm rest that's inevitably going to split like mine is. Something like $400 plus for the door trim. Anyone who likes to rest their elbow should take measures before it happens. Clear adhesive vinyl maybe? I'm thinking now mine's split, a piece of adhesive alcantara.
Edit - You may be able to pop it out but you can't buy the individual piece from Holden.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Edit - You may be able to pop it out but you can't buy the individual piece from Holden.
You may purchase them seperately now. That changed from mid 2018 as there are 4 part numbers for Left/Right Illuminated/non illuminated handles from HSPO.

Last edited:

Grimalkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6

AH OK make sense now why I couldn't find anywhere selling the handle as a part. damn, thanks for the info. :)

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
AH OK make sense now why I couldn't find anywhere selling the handle as a part. damn, thanks for the info. :)
Yep, I'm doing a thread dig.
I just replaced my inside chrome door handle on the front passenger side. The "chrome" had formed sharp edges. Not an enjoyable job and I see why the whole door card would be replaced at a dealer, given the amount of frigging around. No help from the workshop manual.
The handle surround part is plastic welded - the 4 "securing tubes" projecting through the door trim appear to have been pressed down neatly with a hot mould (almost like a branding iron).
I mixed parts of the old and new handle since the courtesy light wasn't installed on the new part.
The handle pivot pin at first sight looked like it could be pressed out if I cut away some of the unseen trim, but it was too long. Thus, I broke away the securing tubes rounded edges enough to pull it away and used hot melt glue to build up the plastic again and fill any gaps.
Wish I'd taken photos, but I was running out of daytime to put everything back together.
The attached photos of what I bought off ebay should give some clues of what I'm describing.

Door handle.jpg

Door handle 1.jpg