Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf sv6 - High idle

Nolzy420

Reaction score
Members Ride
Modded Vf sv6 series 2
I recently cammed my vf sv6 series 2. However, after driving I soon realised that it was idling far too high at around 1050rpm. I’ve had two tuners set the idle at 700rpm through the ecu, however, in drive it still remains at 1050rpm. Before anyone suggests checking vacuum leaks, as I initially thought - I and many others have checked and there are none. This is further supported by the fact that in park, neutral and reverse the idle, as instructed by the ecu, stays at 700rpm, however when put into drive rises despite being programmed to stay at 700. I understand the TB is controlled by the PCM, so as it seems as though it has nothing to do with the ECU, may this problem be with the PCM? Somewhere along the way the TB is being instructed to open in drive. Any suggestions?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If it’s not a leak & ain’t throwing error codes, it doesn’t sound like something you’ll change without a tuna looking at it … makes me think they’ve made an adjustment in one place & not in another?

Nolzy420

Reaction score
Members Ride
Modded Vf sv6 series 2
If it’s not a leak & ain’t throwing error codes, it doesn’t sound like something you’ll change without a tuna looking at it … makes me think they’ve made an adjustment in one place & not in another?

Yea bro that sounds about right. Just need to find out what.