Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SV6 purchasing questions?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Never found my 4x4 inconvenient as it had 120 ltr tank so hardly saw a petrol station
Ahh, so you'd know how much it costs when you finally fill it up? :)

Mate-of-a-mate had a petrol V8 Patrol with a long-range tank for towing his race car, and that thing liked 98 Octane. It was over $200 to fill up, and this was over a decade ago.
Because of ferrying a car & needing two people, he was once travelling "in convoy" with his wife, she was in the Patrol, she filled-up & so did he, and she was in front of him in line. So they played this charade in front of the checkout-chick bloke behind the counter ... he propositioned this woman in front of him in line that he'd pay her $250 bill for her if they could y'know go off together & enjoy relations, she said yes, he paid for her bill as well as his, many eyebrows were raised ... and much mirth was had when this story was told elsewhere. :)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Ahh, so you'd know how much it costs when you finally fill it up? :)
Hahaha, exactly the same as filling up a standard 60ltr tank twice as frequently :p but much less than a thirsty petrol cruiser ;)
Mate-of-a-mate had a petrol V8 Patrol with a long-range tank for towing his race car, and that thing liked 98 Octane. It was over $200 to fill up, and this was over a decade ago.
Because of ferrying a car & needing two people, he was once travelling "in convoy" with his wife, she was in the Patrol, she filled-up & so did he, and she was in front of him in line. So they played this charade in front of the checkout-chick bloke behind the counter ... he propositioned this woman in front of him in line that he'd pay her $250 bill for her if they could y'know go off together & enjoy relations, she said yes, he paid for her bill as well as his, many eyebrows were raised ... and much mirth was had when this story was told elsewhere. :)
Hahaha, reminds me of that joke...

Me: would you sleep with someone for a million dollars?
Her: YES
Me would you sleep with someone for a dollar
Her: No, what do think I am
Me: we’ve established what you are, now we’re just haggling on price :p

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

PRNDL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 and VH Vacationer 253
My 2017 VF2 SV6 Sportwagon has heads up but I am unsure if that came in VF2 or just for 2017.
On the commute ( I think I can remember them) I would fill up in the high 500s-600km mark on 98. Generally 60-63 litres. On a trip it is around 800kms when I refill.
I don’t go down to the vapours though, I generally refill at the next convenient spot after the light comes on. I have a BP and a Shell card and the NSW FuelCheck app so I try to find a better price of those two without going too far off the beaten track.