Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SV6 REAR BRAKE UPGRADE.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 STORM WAGON 2015
I have a VF SV6 Storm wagon with a Walkinshaw pack on it. (intake, exhaust and tune)

I am upgrading the standard brakes as I get way too much fade. I am putting the Harrop Monobloc kit on the front as this will fit under my 18s.

For the rear I was looking to put DBA T2 slotted on, I have the caliper brackets for V8 rotors so I plan to put the larger rotors on. What pads does everyone recommend?

I have always used Bendix ultimate.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 STORM WAGON 2015
No worries and welcome to JC.
They're cheap and they work really well, without being agressive on your rotors. About $90 a set.

I believe the harrop kit comes with bendix pads but I could be wrong.

H

harrop.senator

I wouldn't bother upgrading the rear unless you push that wagon ridiculously hard. Id just put a good Pad set on the rear and upgrade the front 70℅ of brakings up the front and the rears won't get worked out as hard with more stopping Power on the front as you'll get more pull up with less pedal.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 STORM WAGON 2015
I wouldn't bother upgrading the rear unless you push that wagon ridiculously hard. Id just put a good Pad set on the rear and upgrade the front 70℅ of brakings up the front and the rears won't get worked out as hard with more stopping Power on the front as you'll get more pull up with less pedal.
I do a lot of high speed outback driving. i had the Harrop kit ( F+R)on my VZ wagon. Loved it. Saved me from idiot drivers a few times.

H

harrop.senator

Was about to leave a grouchy old man comment on high speed outback driving and then remembered waking my Mrs up with cheering as I hit 250 in a fully loaded vz svz with canopy on 100 mile straight or whatever it is hahahahaha.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Was about to leave a grouchy old man comment on high speed outback driving and then remembered waking my Mrs up with cheering as I hit 250 in a fully loaded vz svz with canopy on 100 mile straight or whatever it is hahahahaha.
Holy crap! That's nuts.

H

harrop.senator

Holy crap! That's nuts.

Yeah not gone that quick very often in a car think twice maybe three times. 300 on a bikes easier and somehow feels safer haha. The roads the straightest road you'll ever see was Middle of The Day and you can see for ks infront of you and hundreds of metres to the sides and wanted to see what she had.