Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SV6 Stalling problem

Tyxxxxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VF
I’ve just cleaned the mass airflow sensor and replaced the air filter, I reset the check engine light so I’ll see how it goes.

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
There is also another air sensor at the back of the inlet manifold so if it faults again maybe try replacing that 1

Tyxxxxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VF
There is also another air sensor at the back of the inlet manifold so if it faults again maybe try replacing that 1
What’s that sensor called? I haven’t had any stalls yet but just to be safe.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
IMHO this is one of those times where you have to decide whether you’re willing to have a fight with the dealer to get the service which they legally must provide under law ... I’d probably do what they suggest, run two tanks of 98 through it, then when that doesn’t fix it (because in my opinion it won’t) take it back & complain.

Just a few thoughts ...
When it stalls, does it happen immediately? Or does it stutter & grumble & sputter & then stop? Because if it’s spluttering then MAYBE running fuel with cleaners (ie. PULP98) through it might clean out an injector, but I think that’s very unlikely.
If it’s just light-switch stalling, my guess is that you’ve got a flaky engine sensor. In my (admittedly not that extensive) experience, the most likely cause would be a crank-angle sensor being naughty; and to detect that problem in our 1995 Commodore the tech had to be plugged into the ECU with the laptop when it happened, it didn’t log the sensor problem for some reason.

If you don’t want to fight with the dealer & just want it fixed now, taking the car to a qualified mechanic does NOT void any statutory warranty. If you have a warranty with the dealer that’s beyond the required-by-law 3 month warranty, and they’re already not honouring it by fixing this, then if it were me I’d happily take it to a mechanic I trusted as that warranty is worth little.
Hey Forg! I'm full of mistake in spelling but I noticed you have your car colour spelt wrong. It should be Regal Peacock not Regal Peackock. Take care My Friend. I love that colour, really do.

Tyxxxxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VF
Another engine code has recently appeared code P0113. So it’s obviously around the same area. The car was going good for 2 days but stalled twice today. I’ll obviously need a new air temperature sensor. Frustrated beyond belief as this ruins my plans for Australia Day.