Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SV6 Storm "Performance" Mods

iamandrew

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Wagon
Hey there
Just was wondering, is there anything worth doing to the SV6?
I dont want to make the car sound like a fart, or drone a lot, but obviously dont have enough money to replace the car with a SS.

Does Air intake or replaceing just the rear exhaust cans do anything?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Small mods will make **** all difference...
Big mods will make a big improvements but they will cost a lot...
From many years of experience i say...dont bother...

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
ron is right small things like exhaust and intake wont have much of an effect you will notice apart from noise and honestly a loud v6 does not sound nice(my opinion).
the sv6 isn't that bad I have had a few and find its best to just drive and enjoy them how they are, even the 3.0l variants of the vf are not all that bad.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
If you want to do it. I love the sound of 6s although cant say I know the commo v6 sound.

No mods are really worth it in cost. Its sunk money but if you like performance thats why you do it.

Ive seen a few sv6 for sale with the likes of exhaust, OTR and tune but they ask for the same price pretty well. Wheres the ss people tend to ask a little bit more than a stock example.

Better fuel economy than an 8 but ive also heard the engine is not capable of much before you will destroy it.