Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf SV6 tuning advice

GusR52

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Black
Im wanting to install a vcm OTR on my sv6 and have it tuned by oztrack, the problem is I live roughly 4 hours away so I'm considering having it remote tuned by them. My question is would it be worth the trip to them to have it tuned at their shop or should I just save some money and go the remote tuning path? Is there much difference between the two?

Thanks in advance

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Im wanting to install a vcm OTR on my sv6 and have it tuned by oztrack, the problem is I live roughly 4 hours away so I'm considering having it remote tuned by them. My question is would it be worth the trip to them to have it tuned at their shop or should I just save some money and go the remote tuning path? Is there much difference between the two?

Thanks in advance
I don't know a lot about how remote tunes work but my assumption is that they would be "off the shelf" and not tailored to your car. If it was me I would drive it in for the tune and not even consider a remote tune. These things take quite a bit of time to tune for best results and I don't think you would get maximum gains from a mail order bride, I mean tune

GusR52

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Black
I don't know a lot about how remote tunes work but my assumption is that they would be "off the shelf" and not tailored to your car. If it was me I would drive it in for the tune and not even consider a remote tune. These things take quite a bit of time to tune for best results and I don't think you would get maximum gains from a mail order bride, I mean tune
They say it's a "remote custom tune". They send you out an autocal device and you plug it in, go for a drive and send the data back to them to make the tune. Not sure if that's the same thing as a mail order bride, I mean tune, but if that's the case I'll definitely just make the trip and get it done properly.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
remote tune is fine if that all u can get done but also nothing beats having the vehicle there in person, u can look at all the data u want but sometimes hearing and feeling the response of the engine tells alot