Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf sv6

Breid90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Was just wondering if anyone has done any mods to their VF SV6 as yet?

I picked up my heron white manual SV6 last week and am now looking into exhaust/otr/tune for a bit more power, throttle response and better tone.
any recommendations?

Also with the Mylink system how hard is it to upgrade the sound system?
Also any recommendations on that ?

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Got board with it pretty quick hey.. The white is a nice colour too for the vf mate

Breid90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Haha yeah the first day was like a dream and now I'm like what next. yeah I think white is the pick of the colours.

Breid90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Well I got the rear spoiler, sat nav, track stripes down the side, black out side fenders and front grille but managed to get it for 40k so it seemed pretty good for me. Plus I dont mind supporting the local dealer so if they made a bit of money off me I don't mind. they looked after me well so they deserve it.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
It has to be said, but what does a SS cost? If your going to do all those mods wouldn't it have been better value to just buy a stock SS (that will have more power) and still retain the warranty?

Breid90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
It has to be said, but what does a SS cost? If your going to do all those mods wouldn't it have been better value to just buy a stock SS (that will have more power) and still retain the warranty?

haha I knew this question would come up.
I'm not looking for ridiculous power, just a better throttle response I guess and obviously a bit of a tone to it.
I drive 15 minutes to work every morning so I couldn't really justify the V8 right now.

SSV series 2 definitely though.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt

The SS's would be $55k+ for a decent spec'd one. But for that price, you could get something much better. Like one of those new SRT-8's or a 2012 E3.

Last edited:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Well I got the rear spoiler, sat nav, track stripes down the side, black out side fenders and front grille but managed to get it for 40k so it seemed pretty good for me. Plus I dont mind supporting the local dealer so if they made a bit of money off me I don't mind. they looked after me well so they deserve it.

Thanks for the info. Seems reasonable to me!

Nph81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais-V
Was just wondering if anyone has done any mods to their VF SV6 as yet?

Also with the Mylink system how hard is it to upgrade the sound system?
Also any recommendations on that ?

Picking up my Calais V next week. Just spent a week and half @ Northfield Moorooka in Sth Side of Brisbane, QLD. Check out their face book page there was 4 or 5 different posts/pics about it. Looks like it went seemingly for them although they are true professionals. Replacing the BOSE system with better speakers amps & subs. I can't wait to hear it.

Spend the extra money on fronts. Always worth the extra model or 2 above the ones you want. Sound Quality is well worth it.

If anyone is interested PM me as I have an unused full set of BOSE speakers available.