Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Throttle body

43lr155

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV redline
Had a mate bring back a ported and polished Vmax throttle body from the US. Fitted and back on the dyno for a tune. I was not expecting more numbers but gained 7 HP at the tyres. The throttle response has picked up heaps. Foot down instant power the car drives heaps different. The throttle body went on a month after the cam and heads, I was surprised at the difference.

Set up. Manual, W375, Cam 222 228 116 - 585/591 lift, Higgins heads, double springs, pushrods, LS7 chain, 25% under driven balancer, Vmax 90mm throttle body, 440HP 725NM. Got to love the LS3. Turn the bimodal off and the car sounds and drives as factory.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Can you post a link to the site that sells those throttle body’s mate

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i ended up porting my own LS2 throttle body, takes some time to do properly and u can stuff them pretty easily if u take any off in the wrong spots, but the gains are worth it for a stock TB

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
What size diameter is the stock throttle body?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
think its 90mm

43lr155

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV redline
Factory is 90mm also seen 92mm and 102mm.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the actual blade is 90mm diameter but it will only fit thru the throttle body fully open position, it wont fit thru when its flat at idle position so true straight thru flow isnt 90mm

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
i ended up porting my own LS2 throttle body, takes some time to do properly and u can stuff them pretty easily if u take any off in the wrong spots, but the gains are worth it for a stock TB
Just curious as to where u would port the throttle body mate? Are you able to post some pics

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
little hard to explain but pretty much dont touch the 0-25% area that is critical for idle and idle corrections, basically the cnc smooth sections are to be left and the rest can be ground down to smoothly meet up with the rest (dont polish just smooth), the humps can be taken back and i took most out top and bottom so what i done was sit it in zero point pushed back fully closed (use outside of blade points) and mark with pen then using throttle control percentage set it to 25% and marked it with pen (again outside point front side) and took out and smoothed back all areas outside the marked points, do not touch any less then that dont even smooth it off it is super sensitive if u take too much out TB is screwed and i know cos it cost me a TB and the LS2 ones arnt cheap, ill see if i can do some pics and mark out what i done so u can see