Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Touchscreen not working

Bazza0123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi all,

My 2013 VF SV6's touchscreen hasn't worked since I bought the car a month ago. The screen reacts when I touch it (takes me to a settings page), but I am unable to select anything or use it normally. Everything else on the head unit works fine.

Any ideas? I have considered buying a used one online ($300 or so) but I can use the buttons/knobs to navigate in the meantime.

Edit: Just did some testing, when I tap some parts the screen it makes the tap sound consistently and takes me to the home menu (half the screen makes no sound at all and doesnt go anywhere).

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I have not heard about a software issue causing it but it might pay to ask holden if they know of one, i would do this first.

The screen or plugs/wiring between the screen and base unit might be busted or it might be the base unit its self.

You can replace the screen component easily by getting one from a wrecker and it does not need any special programming.
Just make sure the screen comes from a mylink with the same button config as your one as in if your one has satnav get a screen from a satnav unit because the button config is programmed into the screens logic board.

The base unit needs to have your vin programmed into its eeprom for it to work in your vehicle if you get it from a wrecker.

I would doubt it is the wires for the touch signal between the 2 unless someone has played around with it.

Last edited:

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
U have 3 options one remove the fuse for the head unit and let the power drain out by pressing some buttons if that don't work when u replace the fuse buy a new touchscreen or go to Holden and run the software again.

Bazza0123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
U have 3 options one remove the fuse for the head unit and let the power drain out by pressing some buttons if that don't work when u replace the fuse buy a new touchscreen or go to Holden and run the software again.
Is this a fuse near the battery or a different one I would find behind the head unit/dash?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Under the bonnet maybe in the fuse box, people say remove battery earth lead for 1hr, don't know if it true or not or if its safe to do so with all the new electronics, also you can just remove the facia and see if the plugs are pushed in all the way, even unplugging it there for a few minutes then reconnecting it, his a link in how to remove it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...n_manual.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3bNxbpCLjpxxOSMv-HYOKb

M

mwb235

Hi all,

My 2013 VF SV6's touchscreen hasn't worked since I bought the car a month ago. The screen reacts when I touch it (takes me to a settings page), but I am unable to select anything or use it normally. Everything else on the head unit works fine.

Any ideas? I have considered buying a used one online ($300 or so) but I can use the buttons/knobs to navigate in the meantime.

Don't pay $300 just to get a screen, that's a rip-off. Search for "vf cd player" or similar on ebay, best price at the moment looks to be $130 to $150. I only paid $100 to a guy in melbun 12 months ago, but i can't find him now though of course.

I got a spare lcd screen but it's off an evoke (blue theme screen) not red like your sv6.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I got a spare lcd screen but it's off an evoke (blue theme screen) not red like your sv6.

The screens are all the same, the theme is in the base unit.
The only difference is if it is a sat nav unit or not because the satnav units have different buttons(dest/nav) and thats programmed into the screen.
So if his sv6 unit is not satnav then your non satnav evoke screen is identical to his and can be swapped without issue.

M

mwb235

The only difference is if it is a sat nav unit or not because the satnav units have different buttons(dest/nav) and thats programmed into the screen.
So if his sv6 unit is not satnav then your non satnav evoke screen is identical to his and can be swapped without issue.

Aha ok thanks stooge!

Bazza0123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
My sv6 has Dest/Nav buttons which I assume means sat nav, so the screen swap wont work?

Just did some testing, when I tap some parts the screen it makes the tap sound consistently and takes me to the home menu (half the screen makes no sound at all and doesnt go anywhere).