Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Ute and wagon!!!

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
I'd be impressed if the utes come standard with auto parking like the sedans. That would be a winner for me.
They've done something to the A-pillars to make visibility a slight bit better for the driver too.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Not a fan at all. I own a wagon because I need the space it offers. The size comparison between the VE boot and my VX is an absolute joke, and the roof heading downwards towards the back only makes this worse. Was really hoping they would fix it a little bit with the VF, or at least make the rear seats smaller to increase boot space.

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
Anyone that knows their Commodores would have noticed by now that for the last 20+ years they keep the same body shape for 2 models in a row. Usually just a couple changes in the body kits or in the lights. If you think about it they have actually changed quite alot in the VF compared to what they usually do. Maybe not so much on the Ute and Wagon but the Sedan has complete new front and rear bumpers and lights and a whole new interior which they usually dont bother changeing much. Anyone that complains about the VF looking to much like a VE really should have expected it.

Personally i prefer the VE design. Not really a fan of the curvy rounded lights on the VF. But thats just my oppinion.

In reality, the series 2 VE was more of a new model to the VE than any previous ones were. The VN and VP would look the same if the grilles were the same. VR and VS have few changes, except engine (correct if wrong). The VX is the VT with slightly different lights. The story is the same for all Commodores.

The VF to the VE is more like what the VT is in relation to the VY though. They share a a lot of DNA/parts, but until you look closely, they look completely different designs. There is also similar a amount of time between them. VT and VY being 1997 and 2002, and VE and VF 2006-2013.

The ute and Wagon aside, the VF looks a completely new car. I love it, and already have planned out what I want, and when I'll be looking lol.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'd be impressed if the utes come standard with auto parking like the sedans. That would be a winner for me.
They've done something to the A-pillars to make visibility a slight bit better for the driver too.

You can't drive??? Seriously, anybody who needs auto park and front proximity sensors should have their licenses revoked immediately.

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
In reality, the series 2 VE was more of a new model to the VE than any previous ones were. The VN and VP would look the same if the grilles were the same. VR and VS have few changes, except engine (correct if wrong). The VX is the VT with slightly different lights. The story is the same for all Commodores.

And VP - VR???

Reaper

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
You can't drive??? Seriously, anybody who needs auto park and front proximity sensors should have their licenses revoked immediately.

Reaper

It might stop me and a lot of others from backing into your car one day Reap!:)

I like technology though and the self park feature will be standard on sedans.
And the utes are difficult to park. I'll avoid parallel parking in a tight spot if I can.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
It might stop me and a lot of others from backing into your car one day Reap!:)

I like technology though and the self park feature will be standard on sedans.
And the utes are difficult to park. I'll avoid parallel parking in a tight spot if I can.

Dunno - I drive utes often and can't remember them ever being a problem to park. I still stand by my comment - if you can't park a car then you shouldn't be driving.

Reaper

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
You're the one with parking sensors on his Senator Reap.... :)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
You're the one with parking sensors on his Senator Reap.... :)

Hate them with a passion. If I could get rid of all the infernal beeping I'd be far happier.

Reaper

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
to me this looks weird, the back and front doesn't match up, its like a bmw with a commodore rear
Holden-VF-Calais-V-Sportwagon-profile.jpg