Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Ute No Grab Handle ?

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Hello Strangers

I have a Vf storm ute 2014 model.I am sick of my passengers ;) mentioning there is no grab handle inside. It didn't bother me until i had a few cans and the wife drove me home and i went to grab the handle. ( our SS wagon has a front passenger handle )

Feeling the pain of my poor suffering passengers i went to Holden to buy one and ask them to put it in. They recoiled in horror and sent me packing.. I asked why doesn't it have one was it cost cutting? It is a SV6 Storm not an omega i think it deserves one. Isn't all the front ends of the VF built the same on the Zeta platform since the VE was born ?

Please correct me so i can go to a different Holden or perhaps get a panel beater to attach it ?

Cheers Guys and Gals

Any pics of VF Utes with a front passenger handle will help my cause :)

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
You talking about the one above you on the roof? Just get a part number and order one in... fit it yourself lol (I assume it has the holes for it ready).

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Hi Adza,
Yes mate the one above your head on the left if your the front passenger. I can order it but holden seem to think it wont have the holes in the body.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
It's referred to as the 'Jesus Handle' and the VE Utes onwards don't have them.

Neither do they have the bracket under the roof lining to fit one.

There was a thread on one of the other forums about 7 or 8 years ago detailing the procedure one owner went through to fit one.

Last edited:

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
yes the old Jesus handle or it has been known by many common swear words ;) That's a shame as the sedans and wagons have them and a ute being lighter in the ass end should deserve it more. My father in law has troubles getting out without one so i use the wagon with him but its become an annoying issue ive held onto.. Thanks for the heads up i will try to find the old thread and have a bo-peep at it. sorry if i upset other ute owners who were blissfully unaware of this trivial issue ;)

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
It's not trivial mate, I looked into it myself years back as my father-in-law needed one to get in and out of my Ute.

It's doable but a pain in the bum, obviously Holden doesn't believe people with mobility issues should be driving around in Utes.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
cheers mate, when i said trivial i meant because i was focused on the issue. Yes mobility issues obviously aren't an issue for Holden or my father in law who has a new knee and is getting his second one in another year.
thanks again Panhead.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Maybe something to do with the curtain airbags fitted where the handle would go?
VF misses out on the lockable glove box that the earlier models had.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Hi Savvy,

Thats what i thought also with the curtain airbags, but my VF wagon has a grab handle for all three window passengers with the same airbags :/

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Weight saving. Because race-ute.

Or, there was probably a box to tick for a $1000 option for a grab handle.