Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Ute rear high stop light

sandman2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute
hey all,

on my old VE ute i had the led stop light installed and cost around $100 to fit, so now that i got the VF i bought the same High Led Stop Light (HLST) and wonder if i can fit it myself... does anyone know if it can be done? some have said at holden that the LED has different resistant to the new VF Stop light wiring and others say it should just fit in.

does the VF sv6 model utes have the HLSL wiring inc or does new wiring need to be laid to break lights?

anyone got any ideas????

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
ss only. there is a thread here somewhere about fitting them, search sailplane brake light

sandman2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute
i have found the thread but i need to be at a level to be able to read the thread....

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
As mentioned SV6 has no wiring for the light. You have a couple of options.
First you can run wire from drivers side kick panel up the side wall then under headlining and out the grommet to the sailplane, from memory its a blue wire.
Second option, run the wire from the tail lamp and behind the tub up to the light.
Either way you will have to cut wires, some people are hesitant on this.
One more option (this is what I did) the sports bar comes with a plug and play connection that piggy backs the tail lamp, so no wires are cut. Unfortunately this is not available to buy seperate so if your lucky to find one in the wreckers like me you can easily set it up.

sandman2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute
ohhh nice thanks for the heads up, ill look for the plug piggyback wiring.

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
It is not a serviceable item so you will not be able to purchase it from a dealer. The tail light harness has a plug in the end of it that connects into the main wiring harness, the piggy back will plug in between this point.