Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Ute Reverse Camera Kit

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I’m going to link your eBay Ad here so members can see if you are on the money or got it totally wrong.

If it’s against the forum rules the Mods can easily delete it.

First thing I’d do if I was selling them is find out what the actual Holden colour names are, for example there has been more than one shade of green and red over the VF range.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-...h=item468f36d6c7:g:fKgAAOSw6jJcWARz:rk:2:pf:0

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Not so sure Imoengnr...that’s why I mentioned our 2010 VE2 above...quite certain up til that point fitting of a ute camera was not a consideration by Holden despite the obvious advantages due to the difficulty of seeing/judging rear distances from the driver’s seat ...in all fairness though cameras were nowhere near the almost compulsory item they are in all types of vehicles today (thankfully, when you read about driveway deaths).

However with some of the ingenuity I read about on this forum I’d be surprised if someone couldn’t make it happen..albeit with a degree of modification.

Yeah, it wasn't an option on my Redline, but came standard on my Maloo?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Yeah, it wasn't an option on my Redline, but came standard on my Maloo?
It's just a normal video camera with power and video signal. If you have the series 2 VE and if you can program the camera to show on the screen in reverse, then they would work.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
It's just a normal video camera with power and video signal. If you have the series 2 VE and if you can program the camera to show on the screen in reverse, then they would work.

Thanks Anthony!

ReillySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
Thanks everyone i really appreciate the feedback. I tried to google the part numbers to find another 3rd party who sells them (no luck) so i'll give a Holden part's centre a bell and see how much they are worth.

You'll likely struggle to move them - all models of VF came standard with the camera. The only use for them is as replacement for failed or faulty cameras.
That's a shame :(

I would say sell them on ebay but you have them listed already, just keep them up on ebay and over time they should sell as people damage them.
it is pretty much a plug and play part so anyone can install one without the need for specialized dealer tools.
like the other posters said they all have them and for the price I would ring a holden parts center and say you need that part and ask for a price.

you will probably sell a few just for the plastic part that holds the lights and camera, you will be amazed how many people that buy and drive utes have no spatial awareness and reverse into poles etc :rolleyes:

I might just edit the listing with some of the info you guys have given me as well as put the actual colour names in there...

Will they work on a VE?
No idea, i think it might fit but you'd need to mod the IQ system to enable it and have additional wiring harness' that run the length of the vehicle.

Thanks again all! bloody brilliant! If anyone has any ideas of an easy way to unload these im all ears, they are currently sitting in the garage taking up space!

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Will they work on a VE?
My VE2 SV6 Sportwagon had a factory optioned reverse camera in the rear vision mirror. It was a brillant location and worked great. That would be the easiest solution I reckon. No stuffing around with the IQ.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
My VE2 SV6 Sportwagon had a factory optioned reverse camera in the rear vision mirror. It was a brillant location and worked great. That would be the easiest solution I reckon. No stuffing around with the IQ.

Yeah, that would be the 'much easier' option!:)