Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Ute Reverse Camera Kit

ReillySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
Hey Guys,
looking for a bit of advice here...

I've been given x25 or so Holden VF Ute reverse camera kits as shown in the attached pictures , the problem is i don't know enough about the Holden VF Ute range to try and sell them. Some of the questions i have are:
- What VF Utes do these fit?
- Is a reverse camera an optional add on? If so do the wiring harness' already exist in the tailgate?
- Would the Head unit require some sort of a software upgrade to enable the camera?
- Would sort of price would be associated with this kit.

Few notes:
  • These are genuine Holden parts with Holden colour codes (used to work for an automotive parts re seller)
  • Kit comes with reverse camera harness and license plate wiring harness

WhiteRear.PNG 20190130_192604.jpg20190130_192714.jpg

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
You'll likely struggle to move them - all models of VF came standard with the camera. The only use for them is as replacement for failed or faulty cameras.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Yeah,..what Smashfist said...

On the other hand we couldn’t even option a camera on our previous 2010 VE2 SV6 ute, so not sure they’re going to be all that useful going backwards through the models.

Wow! Just re-read your post...you have 25+genuine kits??!! You must be able to get an idea of price from Holden then advertise them at 75%..eventually someone must be going to be looking for a replacement??

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I would say sell them on ebay but you have them listed already, just keep them up on ebay and over time they should sell as people damage them.
it is pretty much a plug and play part so anyone can install one without the need for specialized dealer tools.
like the other posters said they all have them and for the price I would ring a holden parts center and say you need that part and ask for a price.

you will probably sell a few just for the plastic part that holds the lights and camera, you will be amazed how many people that buy and drive utes have no spatial awareness and reverse into poles etc :rolleyes:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Will they work on a VE?

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
I would say sell them on ebay but you have them listed already, just keep them up on ebay and over time they should sell as people damage them.
it is pretty much a plug and play part so anyone can install one without the need for specialized dealer tools.
like the other posters said they all have them and for the price I would ring a holden parts center and say you need that part and ask for a price.

you will probably sell a few just for the plastic part that holds the lights and camera, you will be amazed how many people that buy and drive utes have no spatial awareness and reverse into poles etc :rolleyes:
...and the fun of the camera is that you can choose & line up the pole you want to reverse into :D

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
...and the fun of the camera is that you can choose & line up the pole you want to reverse into :D
I don't limit my targeting to any group of people at all, let alone people from a small part of Eastern Europe!

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Will they work on a VE?
Not so sure Imoengnr...that’s why I mentioned our 2010 VE2 above...quite certain up til that point fitting of a ute camera was not a consideration by Holden despite the obvious advantages due to the difficulty of seeing/judging rear distances from the driver’s seat ...in all fairness though cameras were nowhere near the almost compulsory item they are in all types of vehicles today (thankfully, when you read about driveway deaths).

However with some of the ingenuity I read about on this forum I’d be surprised if someone couldn’t make it happen..albeit with a degree of modification.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't limit my targeting to any group of people at all, let alone people from a small part of Eastern Europe!
...I just had this shocking mental picture of some idiot terrorist reversing at speed through a crowded shopping mall just for something different :eek: