Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf Ute write off or not?

King Aton

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf series 2 sv6
Ive had someone do a hit and run one me with my Vf Sv6 Ute and have taken it to a panel beater to get an opinion of cost to fix and he thinks it could be close to a write off for the reason being it's right where my roof pillar is.

What are your guys thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_5047.JPG
    IMG_5047.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_5046.JPG
    IMG_5046.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_5047.JPG
    IMG_5047.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 304

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
What does your insurer say ?

King Aton

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf series 2 sv6
What does your insurer say ?
Hasn't been assessed by them just yet as it is a police investigation from the hit and run so I was just hoping to get a rough idea

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Damn that sucks , been there mate I was hit by an uninsured driver 5 years ago:mad:, it depends on your insurer , and what's it's insured for , did the panel beater give an estimate on cost of repair at all ?

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
A neighbour had a new VX Lumina back in the day. After two weeks of ownership, it was t-boned at low speed, badly damaging two doors and the B-pillar. But due to vehicle value it was not written off.

Behind the outer metal there would be a structural member that is probably caved in. But all is not lost - for basically all new cars you can get any piece of sheet metal. Cut out and welded in properly to GMH specification it should be fine.

King Aton

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf series 2 sv6
Damn that sucks , been there mate I was hit by an uninsured driver 5 years ago:mad:, it depends on your insurer , and what's it's insured for , did the panel beater give an estimate on cost of repair at all ?
Estimate was $14,000 and that's without knowing if my axel is bent and chassis damaged.

King Aton

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf series 2 sv6
A neighbour had a new VX Lumina back in the day. After two weeks of ownership, it was t-boned at low speed, badly damaging two doors and the B-pillar. But due to vehicle value it was not written off.

Behind the outer metal there would be a structural member that is probably caved in. But all is not lost - for basically all new cars you can get any piece of sheet metal. Cut out and welded in properly to GMH specification it should be fine.
I'm hoping the same thing but photos don't quite do justice on how deep it's caved in near the supporting pillar so if it has damaged it enough he was thinking it'd be an instant write off