Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BlueRock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais Wagon
My previous VF Calais wagon was written off after hail storm damage so I removed the Kicker ZX200.2 amp and Alpine speakers before they carted it off. My replacement Calais V VF wagon has no room under the passenger seat for the amp due to the seat electrics. The only place where it would fit is in the boot area. I picked up accessory power using a wire tap fuse socket from Jaycar. This drives a 30A relay mounted to the rear of the rear fuse board. The amp has seen a bit of service before I got it a couple of years ago but despite looking a bit crusty it still works flawlessly, not bad for $80. The aluminium covers that protect the cabling are secured via the amp's mounting bolts that are welded onto 12mm strap that made assembly easier. I ran the audio cabling back to the head unit via the under the rear seat and beside the transmission tunnel route. This was less hassle than the previous route via the passenger side door sill. Thanks again to Tasmaniak for his excellent VF head unit removal thread.

IMG_20200315_192205.jpg
IMG_20200315_192239.jpg