Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Wagon Revival

Magnum61

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Magnum
I have a 2015 HSV Clubsport wagon that has spent its whole life out doors, sadly enough. We will be moving to a new house with proper car accommodation soon. So its time to revive her a little (the car, not the wife). I've managed to maintain the paint fairly well over the years with endless amounts of polish & waxing but the plastics have faded.

Where is the best place to (1) get a parts list, & (2) source the parts, Holden maybe?

Alternatively is there a way to fully revive the faded plastic?
HSV.jpg

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
New plastics from Holden/HSV will cost a bomb.

Chat to Car Care Products (google it) and see what they recommend for faded plastics...
It's not that old that it can't be revived...

Magnum61

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Magnum
Thanks Gents, Wow that is a worm hole of a website & it's going to be a pricy journey, LOL. It looks like good stuff.

Some of the roof strips are past it but the side plastics might be able to be saved.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Check out the bowdens own black box. I have not used it myself but one of my workers bought it when my work first got it. He showed me pictures and it seemed to do pretty well. I want to give it a try but for me its always that one extra goodie before pay day thats just out of reach.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
I recommend a product called 303 Interior and Exterior Protectant. It works on vinyl, rubber and plastics and dries to a matte finish which looks infinitely better than the shiny finish you get with some other products. I believe it was developed for the aerospace industry.

www.303products.com.au

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
2nd the Bowden's Own Black Box. I've used it on my VF windscreen cowl panel back in April when it came out and has held up really well. Initial cost for it does seem much but the product goes a long way and doesn't have any silicone chemicals in it like some others do to bring the appearance back

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS

Magnum61

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Magnum
I might give the Bowdens a go first as it's on the shelf at Supercheap. Either way it's worth a shot before replacing.

There are a few strips on the roof that I won't be able to save, is Holden the only place I'll find them or can I get aftermarket plastics somewhere?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I might give the Bowdens a go first as it's on the shelf at Supercheap. Either way it's worth a shot before replacing.

There are a few strips on the roof that I won't be able to save, is Holden the only place I'll find them or can I get aftermarket plastics somewhere?

Holden only. They generally are not that expensive. Other option is wreckers for a set in good condition...
If it was me I would just go through Holden