Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF width including mirrors?

tissue123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Interested in a VF Calais
Hi all,

Im looking at getting a VF Calais or SV6, and am trying to find out the overall width including mirrors. Its easy to find that the width is 1899mm excluding mirrors (presume at the wheel arches), but what I am finding online is pretty conflicting.

Ive found an old post on here that says the width is 2120mm, a post from the USA Chevy SS forums saying its around 2110mm (83.125”) but all the stuff from the UK for the Vauxhall VXR8 say its closer to 2170mm. Im tempted to think the 2120mm is close to right as the car is quite wide with the pumped-up guards, but any chance someone can just roll down their front windows and do a tape measure from mirror to mirror?

Thanks

tissue123

Reaction score
Members Ride
I should have added, reason I ask is to squeeze it into a garage. If its 2120mm then its pretty narrow overall, and similar to some medium SUVs despite how much interior space there is.

For interest a FG Falcon is 2141mm wide and a Territory is 2170mm wide.

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
Hi all,

Im looking at getting a VF Calais or SV6, and am trying to find out the overall width including mirrors. Its easy to find that the width is 1899mm excluding mirrors (presume at the wheel arches), but what I am finding online is pretty conflicting.

Ive found an old post on here that says the width is 2120mm, a post from the USA Chevy SS forums saying its around 2110mm (83.125”) but all the stuff from the UK for the Vauxhall VXR8 say its closer to 2170mm. Im tempted to think the 2120mm is close to right as the car is quite wide with the pumped-up guards, but any chance someone can just roll down their front windows and do a tape measure from mirror to mirror?

Thanks
I would do this for you this afternoon, but when I get in my car it's going straight to Holden after I leave where I am at the moment :(

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Technical data from the car’s handbook states that the width excluding mirrors is 1898mm and including mirrors is 2099mm. I don’t have the car with me to confirm though.

I wouldn’t just mathematically make it fit into a garage of course - you need to be able to open the doors on both sides when parked, as well as manoeuvre it in and out (she is very long at nearly 5m!).

tissue123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks guys.

You are right, but mathematically it needs to fit before I try to fit one on a test drive! Biggest things that have been in thus far are an old Audi Q7 and a Kia Carnival – both of which needed the mirrors folded to fit, but both are also ~200mm longer and ~100mm wider. It took a FGX Falcon without folding the mirrors, which by all accounts is wider than the Commodore including the mirrors.

I think the issue with the garage is more width than length, as its 5.6m long but only 2.4m wide through the door. Its also a 90’s style double garage with two single roller doors, so reversing in to open the door is the best option.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I have the same 2.4m door and it fits without folding mirrors. have enough room to angle and swing a bit as well

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Thanks guys.

You are right, but mathematically it needs to fit before I try to fit one on a test drive! Biggest things that have been in thus far are an old Audi Q7 and a Kia Carnival – both of which needed the mirrors folded to fit, but both are also ~200mm longer and ~100mm wider. It took a FGX Falcon without folding the mirrors, which by all accounts is wider than the Commodore including the mirrors.

I think the issue with the garage is more width than length, as its 5.6m long but only 2.4m wide through the door. Its also a 90’s style double garage with two single roller doors, so reversing in to open the door is the best option.

Just measured the opening in my garage, it was 2.37m between the door runners.
Don't need to fold the mirrors to get the VF in, probably a couple of inches clearance either side.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Just measured the opening in my garage, it was 2.37m between the door runners.
Don't need to fold the mirrors to get the VF in, probably a couple of inches clearance either side.

Some I drive forwards into the garage and some I reverse in, I'd be in trouble if I folded the mirrors before or during reversing.

berlina411

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline (Weekender). Truck (Daily)
OK. Just measured my VF2 Redline. Mirror to mirror is 2105mm and my roller door is 2500mm
Hope this helps

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Hi all,

Thanks
2120mm is right. I just measured it