Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF11 issue.

Metalhed666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SV6
This week I had a 5 channel amp, all new Kicker speakers and a 10 inch kicker sub installed all running through the factory head unit (or whatever it's called these days) in my new VF11 SV6. Sounds pretty good. Only issue is that now all my warning chimes and indicator clicking has also been amplified. Any way of returning them to the normal volume or am I just going to have to put up with it?

Cheers.

snozzau

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf 11 ute
I have the exact same problem -stereo upgrade and the blinker volume is deafening !!
Any advice would be appreciated

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Here is some dad advice :bomb: your music is too loud

Metalhed666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SV6
If the music is loud you can't hear the indicator so the problem is in fact quiet music

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Hi guys

I also had the indicator issue and chime issue. Obviously turning the gain down will lower the sound of the chimes but also the stereo.

After some research, I found the chimes only come through the front speakers. So I took my speaker inputs from the rear speakers rather than the fronts. The downside of this, is no chimes or indicators at all (except reverse sensors).

I rang a few audio places and they also had the same issue and just turned the gains down...

Mrwhite5166

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SV6 VFII Black
Hi All, managed to solve this issue without much work involved, surpised no one has done this. My car I purchased 2nd hand had a aftermarket amp installed and subs, as with everyone else, chimes and indicators were insanely loud. Just bought one of these for $15 off ebay - New Universal Car Audio Amplifier Bass RCA Level Remote Volume Control Knob plus just a single RCA cable. This allowed me to feed the rear speakers through this volume control unit then the single RCA cable into the amp. So I am able to turn the rear speakers volume down to whatever level I want and so the indicator/chime volume is decreased, whilst front speakers can be as loud as you want, only downside is if you want the rear speakers to be at their loudest you will still get the loud chime/indicator. However pretty easy to turn up or down as you go.