Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Brembo Brakes

MasterC

MasterC~VsCalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VF2
Thanks for the advice. MY mechanic can get the DBA T2 Slotted and the Forza FP2 brakes for cheaper than brakes direct (He gives me his trade price and the labour is cash). Ill call Race Brakes and head there to have a chat as well. Have you guys had experience with the FP2?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Thanks for the advice. MY mechanic can get the DBA T2 Slotted and the Forza FP2 brakes for cheaper than brakes direct (He gives me his trade price and the labour is cash). Ill call Race Brakes and head there to have a chat as well. Have you guys had experience with the FP2?

I believe @426Cuda had them and found they were squealing

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS

Do you really need slotted ? They get noisy when you stomp on the pedal and increase pad wear. Plain DBA 4000 series would be my pick due to better material....

MasterC

MasterC~VsCalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VF2
Do you really need slotted ? They get noisy when you stomp on the pedal and increase pad wear. Plain DBA 4000 series would be my pick due to better material....
I think they are the same price. Ill double check. Pads seem to be subjective. Some say they squeel, some people say the remsa let off alot of dust. Alot of confusion.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Yeah FERODO HP1000 is made for Brembo.
Brembo just puts their name on them :)
T

Not really. Your previous OE brake caliper (Mando single piston caliper) used the Ferodo HP1000 brake pad. Ferodo HP1000 is a high performance formulation with great cold bite for OE applications. Lamborghini, Audi, GM & Jaguar to name a few use the Ferodo HP1000 formulation in various models and caliper designs.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
I think they are the same price. Ill double check. Pads seem to be subjective. Some say they squeel, some people say the remsa let off alot of dust. Alot of confusion.

Just like tyres, brake pads and rotors are very subjective on an open forum.

Here's my 2cents, if you can live with the dust, then buy the genuine OE Holden Ferodo pads. You won't find a better street pad that matches the Ferodo in all aspects, period.
Disclaimer, I'm biased to the Ferodo HP1000 as I ran that pad in my modified Subaru for many years and as its the stock pads in the Redline I have every confidence in them. I'm about to put another set of genuine OE ferodo pads in my Redline :).

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I have dealt with Brakes direct for a number of years. They are very good with either price or service.

Last edited:

MasterC

MasterC~VsCalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VF2
I have dealt with Brakes direct for a number of years. They are very good with either with price or service.
Spoke to them on the phone. They are the ones who recommended the FP2 and to go Slotted T2. Getting the forums feel on experiences in the real world

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I can vouch for dust with Remsa....BUT ... all high performance pads will have ton of dust.
Organic and ceramic will not ... but the performance is the trade off

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Not really. Your previous OE brake caliper (Mando single piston caliper) used the Ferodo HP1000 brake pad. Ferodo HP1000 is a high performance formulation with great cold bite for OE applications. Lamborghini, Audi, GM & Jaguar to name a few use the Ferodo HP1000 formulation in various models and caliper designs.

I just meant in the context of vf2 oem brembo pads. Poorly worded ;)