Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Brembo Brakes

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
If they are genuine Brembo pads they are different to the genuine holden pads made by Ferodo for the Redline.

from standard the redline it comes with Ferodo HP1000 pads, these were the ones some people had squeal issues with as they are quite a high performance street pad.
I've had squealing issues with a few different pads on my Redline. Including factory pads and 3 or 4 other brands. No issues with the Motorsport, touch wood. I found using brake grease on the pistons and the contact edges of the pads was the only remedy that works everytime.
I've just had the DBA 4000's machined and had Remsa's fitted front and rear. Out of interest, the workshop owner, a good mate and trusted brake, steering and suspension expert I've been using for 35 years, advised he uses ceramic brake grease on Brembo's everytime. "Irrespective of the car make model, pad brand or material, Brembo's seem to squeal." He said he's just had too many complaints over the years and that the ceramic grease works.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Spoke to them on the phone. They are the ones who recommended the FP2 and to go Slotted T2. Getting the forums feel on experiences in the real world
Interesting. They recently recommended Remsa pads over the FP2's to me.

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just like tyres, brake pads and rotors are very subjective on an open forum.

Here's my 2cents, if you can live with the dust, then buy the genuine OE Holden Ferodo pads. You won't find a better street pad that matches the Ferodo in all aspects, period.
Disclaimer, I'm biased to the Ferodo HP1000 as I ran that pad in my modified Subaru for many years and as its the stock pads in the Redline I have every confidence in them. I'm about to put another set of genuine OE ferodo pads in my Redline :).
You're right mate, it is very subjective. But, i can say though, after trialling a few, that some after market pads certainly have more cold bite than the OEM's. I'm not sure which pads I threw in my redline recently. They were used and were a stop gap, until i had the rotors machined and the Remsa's fitted. They bit like a rabid dog! I think they may have been Forza's? They squealed badly. Needing very little pedal pressure to grab hard, which probably leads to to squealing. Much more bite than the Remsa's I've just fitted. More stopping power than the stock brakes in my Motorsport too. But silence is bliss!
I'm thinking of buying a set of DBA 5000 full floaters for my Motorsport and storing the $exe OEM's for a rainy day. If I do, I think I may give the Forza's another run.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
You're right mate, it is very subjective. But, i can say though, after trialling a few, that some after market pads certainly have more cold bite than the OEM's. I'm not sure which pads I threw in my redline recently. They were used and were a stop gap, until i had the rotors machined and the Remsa's fitted. They bit like a rabid dog! I think they may have been Forza's? They squealed badly. Needing very little pedal pressure to grab hard, which probably leads to to squealing. Much more bite than the Remsa's I've just fitted. More stopping power than the stock brakes in my Motorsport too. But silence is bliss!
I'm thinking of buying a set of DBA 5000 full floaters for my Motorsport and storing the $exe OEM's for a rainy day. If I do, I think I may give the Forza's another run.

Remsa's cold bite is not as good as OEM but they work well with some heat in them

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Interesting. They recently recommended Remsa pads over the FP2's to me.

Unless they are recommending what they want to clear and have bigger profit margin ? I hope not

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Unless they are recommending what they want to clear and have bigger profit margin ? I hope not
Yeah me too. They were underwhelming at first, even though bedded in and up to temp. But have improved with a bit of semi aggressive use today. They certainly pull the car up quickly from 110kph. They just don't have the initial bite of the other pads I had in.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Yeah me too. They were underwhelming at first, even though bedded in and up to temp. But have improved with a bit of semi aggressive use today. They certainly pull the car up quickly from 110kph. They just don't have the initial bite of the other pads I had in.

I found that they take a bit to bed in and based on the shape of the surface, where the surface area increases as they wear, they should in theory get even better...

I think they are a good value pad given the price, but no doubt there are other pads out there that are better. But most likely not 3-4 times better as implied if oberving the price.

It all comes down to what you use them for and your driving style

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I am keen to see reviews of DBA extreme performance range. On paper, they sound good...but would like to hear real life experience with them.

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
I am keen to see reviews of DBA extreme performance range. On paper, they sound good...but would like to hear real life experience with them.
I have them on at the moment and like them, similar to the standard pad.
Still have some dust but not as much as standard. Held up on the track but there are better options for track use but for street use a very good pad. No noise and dba include their on grease to use in the box.